Contribute
Register

How do you read MSR Tools "properly"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i9 > Need full CPU name > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I switched to 32bit mode today as I don't really ned 64 bit mode and I opened MSR Tools.

I was wondering what all the junk means?

For example
I have an i7 but I only see two cores and each one shows this:

Tj Max Guess 100.0 C
Core Temp: TjMax - 63 (37.0 guess)
Trigger0 Temp: TjMax - 0 (100.0 guess)
Trigger0 Temp: TjMax - 0 (100.0 guess)

And also, WHAT is Speedstep? I here everyone talking about it but don't know why it's important.

Also, here is a screenshot so you can see what mine looks like.

Attachments

• MSR tools.png
    MSR tools.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 311
from what i read speedstep is a power saving aspect to processors, and it fluctuates the speed according to need. if it was left off the results would be that the processor would run at the higher frequencies all the time. with it left on it would regulate based on need, apparently we would not even notice the change either way b/c it is so fast, except in our energy bill. the rest of the output from msrtools i am not sure but i have the i3 330m and i also get two cores but i am supposed to so that does not really help you...sorry.hope i helped a little. :cool:

Thanks but I was wondering if my temperatures were too high or normal. What kind if temps do you get?

tj max guess 100.0 celcius
core temp tjmax- 46.0
trigger 0 and 1 - 0(100.0 guess)

Mine reads:
Core Temp: TjMax - 62.0 (38.0 guess)

But when I run in Windows it is much lower. Usually around 28-32.

Is this normal? I have a hyper 212+ and it was a royal pain to put on and don't want to go through that again...

Also, is it safe to run my computer at these temperatures? I'm quite fond of leaving my computer on at night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back