Graphics
EVGA 1080TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I have been running my High Sierra built for quite a while now without any problem.
This morning I tried to boot and it showed me the Apple Logo. The progress bar fills halfway and then the screen turns black and stays like that.
If I boot in verbose mode, even if I hit Spacebar on the "Boot From Macintosh HD", and just boot from there without any selections, I can boot without the graphics driver and I end up on the usual log-in screen.
What is happening? Any suggestion.

Sorry but I am clueless

Thank you so much!

Hey Guys,

I have been running my High Sierra built for quite a while now without any problem.
This morning I tried to boot and it showed me the Apple Logo. The progress bar fills halfway and then the screen turns black and stays like that.
If I boot in verbose mode, even if I hit Spacebar on the "Boot From Macintosh HD", and just boot from there without any selections, I can boot without the graphics driver and I end up on the usual log-in screen.
What is happening? Any suggestion.

Sorry but I am clueless

Thank you so much!
worth having a read here:

Hey Feartech,

thank you so much for posting that! It took me now almost 3 hours but I actually did it and it worked!
I first had to update the High Sierra 2020-005 Security update and then the 2020-006.

After that everything described in the post worked!

Thank you so much! I was very close to ripping that 1080ti out, selling it on eBay, and buying a new mac. HAHA

Cheers!

Hey Feartech,

thank you so much for posting that! It took me now almost 3 hours but I actually did it and it worked!
I first had to update the High Sierra 2020-005 Security update and then the 2020-006.

After that everything described in the post worked!

Thank you so much! I was very close to ripping that 1080ti out, selling it on eBay, and buying a new mac. HAHA

Cheers!
you are most welcome!

glad it worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back