HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've done a small edit to iBoot + MultiBeast, based on an experience I just had. I was attempting to do the method using an HD 5770 on an Asus P7H55-M LE.

Original Text:
8. When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you can't get to the installation screen, retry the process, but type -x at the screen above. This will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode, which will allow you to proceed.

New Text:
8. When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you cannot get to the installation screen, retry from Step 4, type PCIRootUID=1 before hitting enter. If that doesn't work then try PCIRootUID=1 -x or just -x which will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode and will allow you to proceed.

This was the only way I could boot the 10.6.3 DVD with this combination. Hopefully this helps someone avoid the issue I had. Didn't need safe mode after all- just correct PCI Root.

NOTE: This is only for the installation disc. After install, using a DSDT takes care of PCI Root identification.

tonymacx86 said:
I've done a small edit to iBoot + MultiBeast, based on an experience I just had. I was attempting to do the method using an HD 5770 on an Asus P7H55-M LE.

Original Text:
8. When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you can't get to the installation screen, retry the process, but type -x at the screen above. This will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode, which will allow you to proceed.

New Text:
8. When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you can't get to the installation screen, retry the process, but type -x at the screen above. This will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode, which will allow you to proceed. If this doesn't work, try PCIRootUID=1. Some newer cards require this command.

This was the only way I could boot the 10.6.3 DVD with this combination. Hopefully this helps someone avoid the issue I had. Didn't need safe mode after all- just correct PCI Root.

NOTE: This is only for the installation disc. After install, using a DSDT takes care of PCI Root identification.

would you pls. kindly explain how to do that? because after installation, only an GRAY Apple shown, nomatter which way I try to boot: -x / -v -x / PCIRootUID=1 / -v -x PCIRootUID=1, only Apple without loading anything!!!

thanks!

i have a :banghead:
p55a ud3r gigabyte board
4gb ram
nvidia 8800gts nvidia card
2 tb HDD
and i am having the same problem i have tried all the commands that you have posted here in the above post. I used iboot legacy as well as iboot I have bought the snow leopard 10.6.3 and once I load iboot and change bios as per your instructions from the iboot intall blog here. I get to put the snow leopard cd in and it lights up the apple logo in a grey screen and a swirling circle then after 30 seconds a circle with a line through it as in a no smoking sign appears and that is it. I hangs for as long as i leave the system running so far 4 hours once I left it hoping, wishing it would change

some help would be muchly appreciated as I got quiet excited today watching a fellow twitter guys built and completed his loading on ustream today so I know it does work he used a different video card and a i7

Hello,

Similar situation for me too, I tried all the options -x, PCIRootUID.
The system hangs with logo greyed out, and no-entry sign.
I removed a 2GB DIMM, now it is at 4GB, recognized by iBoot.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Quick question... this is bothering me quite a bit can't figure out what's wrong!

The only way for me right now to boot into OS X is using the iBoot CD and using -v PCIRootUID=1. When I remove it I can't boot, screen goes black and fans go crazy..

When I boot through the iBoot CD I noticed I also lost audio... I've re-run MB with the settings I had before

EasyBeast -> System Utilities -> Chamaleon ATI Experimental -> PCiRootUI=1 Fix -> Audio ALC888, HDA, Rollback

None of it seems to work

tmhsiao said:
tonymacx86 said:

Original Text:

New Text:
8. When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you can't get to the installation screen, retry the process, but type -x at the screen above. This will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode, which will allow you to proceed. If this doesn't work, try PCIRootUID=1. Some newer cards require this command.

would you pls. kindly explain how to do that? because after installation, only an GRAY Apple shown, nomatter which way I try to boot: -x / -v -x / PCIRootUID=1 / -v -x PCIRootUID=1, only Apple without loading anything!!!

thanks!

I know the answer to this one. When you use the iboot cd and the chameleon screen appears, place the snow leopard dvd in your drive press f5. Then just type the command that you would like to run, the text appears when typed in the bottom left hand corner of the chameleon screen then press enter.

Hi, all:
After much time testing, I found that I have to select the "PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon" in Multibeast with EasyBeast and Customization> PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon.

when I choose "PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon" installation, reboot, and I can see the Apple with loading animation......but just loading.........nothing happen ><.......

and I found I have to use iBoot for booting first and then choose my hard disk and it will boot my 10.6.6 successful!!!

then I can install anything, CS5, FCP, CD4.......all the software I have to use! beside have to boot with iBoot!!!

anyone has idea for this kind of situation?

ask for help pls.!!!!!

thanks!

tmhsiao said:
Hi, all:
After much time testing, I found that I have to select the "PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon" in Multibeast with EasyBeast and Customization> PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon.

when I choose "PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon" installation, reboot, and I can see the Apple with loading animation......but just loading.........nothing happen ><.......

!

I have the same problem, the only way to get the installation menu is PCIRootUID=1...everything is working fine but after use multibeast and reboot nothing happen...just apple logo loading :(

any idea?

The same thing is happening to me :( I can install OSX, then i boot into OSX and everything is good. I install the update, run multibeast and then when I reboot I only get the apple screen then it reboots into a high fan mode with the screen blank.

Has anyone made any progress with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back