Contribute
Register

Help with post installation Yosemite acer-aspire v5-571p clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i have no ssdt in the patched folder and run geekbench3 i get this:

This.png

Why do i get a change when their is no ssdt, also i am not sure am making the ssdt the correct way could u show me a tutorial (i read the github read me and i still don't get it) i was doing it this way is this right...

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Last login: Sat Jan 24 15:03:39 on console[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]hamzas-MBP:~ Hamzaom675$ sudo /Users/Hamzaom675/Desktop/ssdtPRGen.sh-master/ssdtPRGen.sh -TURBO 3000[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Password:[/FONT]

Then i get:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]             v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]             v15.6 Copyright (c) 2013-2015 by Pike R. Alpha[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]-----------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]gDataPath: /Users/Hamzaom675/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][B]Override value[/B]: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 3000 MHz![/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]System information: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz'[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Scope (_PR_) {220 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacBookAir5,2' with board-id [Mac-2E6FAB96566FE58C][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Ivy Bridge Core i7-3537U processor [0x306A9] setup [0x0704][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]With a maximum TDP of 17 Watt, as specified by Intel[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 2000 MHz)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Number of Turbo States: 10 (2100-3000 MHz)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Number of P-States: 23 (800-3000 MHz)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Adjusting C-States for detected (mobile) processor[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Intel ACPI Component Architecture[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov  6 2014][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ASL Input:     /Users/Hamzaom675/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 266 lines, 8087 bytes, 47 keywords[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AML Output:    /Users/Hamzaom675/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 1620 bytes, 16 named objects, 31 executable opcodes[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Do you want to copy /Users/Hamzaom675/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)? n[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)? n[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]hamzas-MBP:~ Hamzaom675$ [/FONT]

Is there something wrong? i have also tried add -w 3, -w 1 and -w0 but non of them work.. they all give the p states as 8...

Is there something wrong? i have also tried add -w 3, -w 1 and -w0 but non of them work.. they all give the p states as 8...

Are you using DropOem=true? What other SSDTs do you have in ACPI/patched? Are you setting the order via config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder? Did you copy the generated SSDT.aml to ACPI/patched?

No... Should I?

See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

And: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

I only have one SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.
No. I have not, do i need to do it even if i only have one SSDT in the ACPI/patched?

No need to use SortedOrder when only one SSDT is present in ACPI/patched.

Note that MacBookAir5,2 is very picky about CPU. Most end up using -xcpm.

I made DropOem=true and it still does not work... what is -xcmp? also should i use [GUIDE] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs to extract my ssdt and place it in the patched folder?

-xcmp is not valid. It is -xcpm. It enables power management in the kernel.

Make sure you read the power management guide. (You cannot simply skim through these topics).

Ok i have reinstalled os x because i want to install windows 8.1 and ubuntu. So first i will focus on os x. I have installed clover on my hdd and and used the probook installer ( here is the link HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 RC10.zip) to make an ssdt.aml (have not rebooted yet to check if it works) and now i have made DropOem=true, then i checked S/L/E and i found AppleACPIPlatform.kext Should i remove it if yes how? do i just put in the bin?

Here is the AppleACPIPlatform.kext if you want to have a look at it View attachment AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

Ok i have reinstalled os x because i want to install windows 8.1 and ubuntu. So first i will focus on os x. I have installed clover on my hdd and and used the probook installer ( here is the link HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 RC10.zip) to make an ssdt.aml (have not rebooted yet to check if it works) and now i have made DropOem=true, then i checked S/L/E and i found AppleACPIPlatform.kext Should i remove it if yes how? do i just put in the bin?

You should not delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext. It is an important component of OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back