Graphics
MSI GTX460 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I install OS X Lion without any graphics drivers, the resolution is perfect and the graphics card seems to work normally, but much slower than its potential (Overall experience is choppy with games and even minimize/maximize windows). I got an XBench score of 372 on only graphics. I do, however, get the 2 minute delay before mouse/keyboard works at startup.

When I attempted to install the official NVIDIA drivers, I got a message like "Your graphics card is not supported" or something. So, I tried installing the previous tonymac NVIDIA drivers which worked perfectly for 10.6.7. Once I restarted, the mouse/keyboard delay is gone, but I am now stuck at 1024x768 resolution, and my XBench score dipped to 277.

1) Is it possible to remove the drivers I installed?
2) How are other people with NVIDIA cards GTX 4XX or 5XX installing their drivers?

I tried installing Andy's P8P67 Pro package previously, but I get the same result as tonymac's drivers.

Specs:

Asus P8P67 Pro B3
Intel i5-2500K
MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

Help is GREATLY appreciated.

Khanaset said:
sbl03 said:
When I install OS X Lion without any graphics drivers, the resolution is perfect and the graphics card seems to work normally, but much slower than its potential (Overall experience is choppy with games and even minimize/maximize windows). I got an XBench score of 372 on only graphics. I do, however, get the 2 minute delay before mouse/keyboard works at startup.

When I attempted to install the official NVIDIA drivers, I got a message like "Your graphics card is not supported" or something. So, I tried installing the previous tonymac NVIDIA drivers which worked perfectly for 10.6.7. Once I restarted, the mouse/keyboard delay is gone, but I am now stuck at 1024x768 resolution, and my XBench score dipped to 277.

1) Is it possible to remove the drivers I installed?
2) How are other people with NVIDIA cards GTX 4XX or 5XX installing their drivers?

I tried installing Andy's P8P67 Pro package previously, but I get the same result as tonymac's drivers.

Specs:

Asus P8P67 Pro B3
Intel i5-2500K
MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

Help is GREATLY appreciated.

With the most current revisions of Chimaera, your card should be supported by GraphicsEnabler, and thus not need any additional drivers. What happens if you use GraphicsEnabler=yes?
GE was already at yes. I guess I was expecting too much? Well, seems like a re-install is the only way to fix this.

I think my menubar is translucent (upsidedown reflection of window), but I do not get the ripple effect.

Code:
GeForce GTX 460:

Name:	NVDA,Display-B
  Type:	Display Controller
  Driver Installed:	Yes
  MSI:	Yes
  Bus:	PCI
  Slot:	Slot-1
  Vendor ID:	0x10de
  Device ID:	0x0e22
  Subsystem Vendor ID:	0x1462
  Subsystem ID:	0x0010
  ROM Revision:	70.04.1B.00.00
  Revision ID:	0x00a1
  Link Width:	x16
  Link Speed:	2.5 GT/s

Code:
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=i386</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Thanks so much for your assistance.

EDIT - I found this thread. Apparently mission control settings are preventing the ripple effect, which I now have. If I have native resolution, then apparently I have full hardware acceleration, which doesn't feel like the case :/ ah well.

Thanks, I didn't even realize that. Didn't affect graphics performance at all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back