Contribute
Register

Help with EFI folder Monterey

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Intel > Need model name/number > See Forum Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
I am having issues after updating my computer from Catalina to Monterey. I switched over from Clover to Opencore for its "ease" of updating the software. My computer was running perfectly fine prior to the update, but the update was needed because of compatibility issues with this desktop and my actual macbook. I was able to successfully install monterey on my hackintosh, however, my system is lagging/choppy. I can deal with this if its a capability issue, but my main problem is Logic Pro not showing the cursor head. I read elsewhere that it is a display bug that can be potentially fixed/issues with EFI settings. I just would like to know if it is an error on my part based off the BIOS or my EFI folder. Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS z270 Mark 2
CPU: Intel i7-7700K
Opencore 0.9.4
No GPU, running on integrated graphics

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-14 at 4.04.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-14 at 4.04.40 PM.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 12
I am having issues after updating my computer from Catalina to Monterey. I switched over from Clover to Opencore for its "ease" of updating the software. My computer was running perfectly fine prior to the update, but the update was needed because of compatibility issues with this desktop and my actual macbook. I was able to successfully install monterey on my hackintosh, however, my system is lagging/choppy. I can deal with this if its a capability issue, but my main problem is Logic Pro not showing the cursor head. I read elsewhere that it is a display bug that can be potentially fixed/issues with EFI settings. I just would like to know if it is an error on my part based off the BIOS or my EFI folder. Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS z270 Mark 2
CPU: Intel i7-7700K
Opencore 0.9.4
No GPU, running on integrated graphics
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

not sure why you are using platform-id 12345678 ?????

I just followed a guide and if i remember correctly it helped with the installation process. But beyond that I have no clue. I will update my hardware profile now
your platform ID should be:

make sure, if present, that DVMT is set to 64MB or 128MB in your BIOS

your platform ID should be:

make sure, if present, that DVMT is set to 64MB or 128MB in your BIOS
My BIOS was already at 128MB and I change my Platform ID now. Booting up to see if anything changes.

***edit***

Now when I boot up after verbose I get a black screen.

Last edited:
Even after changing BIOS settings it is still black screen

always upload news files when you have made changes
Apologies, I change my DVMT to 64 instead of 128, Intel Virtualization Tech. to Enabled, VT-d to enabled, iGPU Multi-monitor to disabled, Thunderbolt support to Disabled.

Apologies, I change my DVMT to 64 instead of 128, Intel Virtualization Tech. to Enabled, VT-d to enabled, iGPU Multi-monitor to disabled, Thunderbolt support to Disabled.
standard settings would be:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

standard settings would be:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI
I have done all of those except, serial/com port, parallel port, Intel SGX, Intel Platform trust, execute disable bit as those I can not see in my BIOS settings everything else is good now.

Back