Graphics
looking for a cheap card that is hackintoshable and with Display port
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Please suggest a video card with display port output. because, i have a monitor with dp and would like to use it. my setup so far is shown on the left. Will be using only for packaged apps in ml. no gaming or gfx intensive use planned.

Would any card be available below $50? that has display port as well as hackintosh compatible?

if you're okay with used, you can get an HD5770 from ebay right around 60 bucks. ( just got one myself for 58 including shipping).

Does it have to be display port? I'm assuming your monitor only has display port or something?
If you don't need the added power that a discrete GPU will give you then why spend the money on it? Stick with the integrated graphics and get a converter that goes from motherboard DVI to monitor display port.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270462

Well, I bought this Dell monitor which has both DVI and DP inputs. I currently have WinXP running on this setup with the monitor connected by DVI to the motherboard. But to install mountain lion on this setup, I was advised to add a video card, since I have only the HD2000 onboard. So, when going to add a video card, I thought atleast I could addin display port capability on this video card so I could use it with the monitor. And as always, I am constrained with a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back