Contribute
Register

[Help request] AMI/Phoenix DSDT editor wanted [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Help request] AMI/Phoenix DSDT editor wanted

fatsheannigan: I tried your dsdt and I still aint got no sound, but sleep mode seems to work, now I got a screen saver running and the pc wakes up!!! may i enable sound in the dsdt myself?

I think the sound failure must be soimewhere else, in windows (2 physically different hdds) ialso have no sound. must be something with the bios and the dsdt way.

fil said:
fatsheannigan: I tried your dsdt and I still aint got no sound, but sleep mode seems to work, now I got a screen saver running and the pc wakes up!!! may i enable sound in the dsdt myself?

I think the sound failure must be soimewhere else, in windows (2 physically different hdds) ialso have no sound. must be something with the bios and the dsdt way.

Pretty sure you'll need a LegacyHDA for your specific motherboard's audio chipset installed in Extra/Extensions. Do you have one of those? :thumbup:

fil said:

hey try the latest voodoohda.kext. i created a post for it in postinstall

RayMacx64 said:
FatShenanigans said:
RayMacx64 said:
I have a non edited ASRocks DSDT. This should be very close to a Asus since that is their parent company.

0 errors, 0 warnings :) Let me know how it works

Sorry but not telling any difference. Still have to use -x to start up with or get a black screen with no video. I was hoping this would cure my video card issue but I guess i will have to keep searching for a solution. :banghead: Thanks anyways.

Try this one - I added your card but I don't know what is your PCI-Ex16 port so I had to guess:

BTW: You may need to remove the GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot file, especially if you get a blue screen hang at first boot.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    16.2 KB · Views: 77
  • dsdt.aml
    16.2 KB · Views: 73

thecontrarian42 said:
ok i will use the imac bootplist thing but i still need to know what kexts to add or subract

If using 10.6.2 plus the 1.1.8 bootloader all you should need is IOACHIBlockStorageinjector and Fakesmc in E/E

optional would be for LAN in E/E

Voodoo is the only decent kext for audio to go into S/L/E for now.

fil said:

I've been working on the LegacyHDA and I'm pulling out my hair. My hairdresser asked why my hair seemed thinner and damaged this weekend. I said "must be voodoo". Then I realized the many meanings of the word when he gave me that look :crazy:

Back to topic, you need to use Voodoo until someone (or me) figures out a legacyHDA for this obnoxious VIA codec. I noticed that they are putting 889 in their latest 1156 board. I bet it's a case of monkey see monkey do since their competitors are all using 889. Too bad later than sooner :p

About your screensaver, make sure you have all 4 checkboxes selected in Energy Saver in Preferences. If it still doesn't work I'll add something else.

Pretty sure VoodooHDA works in the /Extra/Extensions folder as well. Although I'm not an expert. :mrgreen:

Yeah- I'm an idiot- it has to go in /S/L/E. :crazy:

tonymacx86 said:
Pretty sure VoodooHDA works in the /Extra/Extensions folder as well. Although I'm not an expert. :mrgreen:

With ASUS the motherboards they poop out have moods like PMS. Maybe this cycle it will work in E/E :lol:

hey,

ill try it without all that kexts you mentioned and post what happens. But im pretty unshure because of the i386 arch...mine is running 64 bit, thats not i386...

ok, needed to fix my install with my backup, lucky me!

My Hak doesnt boot without NullCPU...kext! Reproducible. Still no sound, oh maybe better to run pfix...ill also try your variant tony, if this voodoo **** doesnt work ;)

cYa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back