Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys!
I own a gtx 560 ti, and previously I had a 460. I had not so much problems with those card, some freeze sometimes, but rarely. Just I noticed with both cards I ahve some lag with launchpad or enlarging windows. It doesn't happen so much, and is not much a problem, but I'd like to optimize it to have a more fluid use of osx.

I read a post some days ago about this, not sure if here or somewhere else. But I was in hurry and I can't find it again. It was about enabling something through terminal code.

could anyone help? thanks in advance

Hey Baoren -
I'm no expert, but how about you try enabling OpenCL in MultiBeast? Have you done this? Let me know. Good luck, and I'll try and help however I can.

thanks for reply!
unfortunately is not opencl. it is enabled, and fully working. benches are ok, with games rock. is just something regarding interface which has some problems.

have you done any AppleGraphicsPowerManagement plist editing? the cart is likely stuck in it's lowest power mode if not. you essentially have to add the proper power saving settings base don your Mac model (iMac 12,2 or MacPro3,1 etc).

most cards have already had their settings reported so it should just be an issue of copy/paste into the Info.plist, maybe someone even has a full patched kext. Once change it and reboot you'll notice a big difference.

this time I didn't edit any agpm, but in past I did, and nothing changed :S

SG- said:
have you done any AppleGraphicsPowerManagement plist editing? the cart is likely stuck in it's lowest power mode if not. you essentially have to add the proper power saving settings base don your Mac model (iMac 12,2 or MacPro3,1 etc).

most cards have already had their settings reported so it should just be an issue of copy/paste into the Info.plist, maybe someone even has a full patched kext. Once change it and reboot you'll notice a big difference.

I Have a Asus GTX 560 (non TI) carrd mysystem freez when i enable Cuda in premiere pro ( Mercury playback engine) and i also noticed the lag in laungepad. But the main problem is CUDA

which is the Best system definition for my i5 760 system

Baoren said:
this time I didn't edit any agpm, but in past I did, and nothing changed :S

you'll have to edit AGPM or get one already edited for your system if you want your fermi card to run properly. You have might have tried in the past but you might have also done it wrong, you'll have to past the proper device id part in the section that is for your Mac's identifier, and if it isn't in there simply add it, I had to add iMac12,2 for mine and then past the 570 GTX stuff.

According to this you'll want to use iMac11,3 :

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lo ... s=iMac11,3

There likely isn't an iMac11,3 in AGPM info.plist so you'll have to add it or change an existing one and then you'll have to paste in the 560 config.

As for Cuda, I haven't played with it, but does OpenCL work? did you patch or install a patched OpenCL kext?

SG- said:

There likely isn't an iMac11,3 in AGPM info.plist so you'll have to add it or change an existing one and then you'll have to paste in the 560 config.

As for Cuda, I haven't played with it, but does OpenCL work? did you patch or install a patched OpenCL kext?
Friend
i install opencl enabler from multi beast and new cud a drivers
I can't understand "There likely isn't an iMac11,3 in AGPM info.plist so you'll have to add it or change an existing one and then you'll have to paste in the 560 config." can u please explain it

Attachments

• GTX 560.png
    GTX 560.png
    955.6 KB · Views: 209
SG- said:

I used several agpm for my card, and they were in the proper part of info.plist. I don't understand why should I use iMac 11,3 system definition while I own a 2600k and a p67 motherboard, which should be closer to a 12,2, if I am right. anyway I'll try to get again a proper agpm, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back