1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been following the stuff posted by JHawk and RehabMan and I'm getting as far as actually installing Yosemite on to my UX305. After that however, I just get the mouse cursor on a black screen. I can't figure out where this is going wrong. I know OS X has installed as when I attach the M.2 drive to another machine, I can see all the usual OS X folders and files.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've been following the stuff posted by JHawk and RehabMan and I'm getting as far as actually installing Yosemite on to my UX305. After that however, I just get the mouse cursor on a black screen. I can't figure out where this is going wrong. I know OS X has installed as when I attach the M.2 drive to another machine, I can see all the usual OS X folders and files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure your Clover configuration is correct. Did you install Clover to the HDD yet? Can you boot via Clover on USB?

You need to be more clear about what you're doing and where the trouble is.

Thanks for your quick reply, RehabMan.

Yes, I expected some questions... I tried installing straight to the M.2 drive. That's when I noticed that when I reboot, I have a cursor on a black screen. I then thought I would install from a USB Clover installer to another USB stick on the same machine (UX305) so that I could take it out, stick it into a desktop Mac and see if the usual OS X stuff has actually gone on.

I did this and indeed the OS X folders and files appear on the USB stick. Please note that I'm just using the other USB stick as an 'internal' drive.

Since I can't see anything, there seems little point in trying to do anything on the UX305 past the actual installation.

The config.plist file I'm using, boots my Clover bootloader just fine.

What I did try was to install Clover on the USB drive that has the OS X installation (NOT installer) on it, the one I'm using as effectively, an internal drive. I did this connecting it to my desktop and running the Clover installer. I then copied the config.plist file from my bootloader (as it seems to work) and the kext files to the Clover part of the USB drive with the OS X installation.

Of course what I'd really like is to miss out this step and install straight on to the internal M.2 hard drive of the UX305.

Thanks for your quick reply, RehabMan.

Yes, I expected some questions... I tried installing straight to the M.2 drive. That's when I noticed that when I reboot, I have a cursor on a black screen. I then thought I would install from a USB Clover installer to another USB stick on the same machine (UX305) so that I could take it out, stick it into a desktop Mac and see if the usual OS X stuff has actually gone on.

I did this and indeed the OS X folders and files appear on the USB stick. Please note that I'm just using the other USB stick as an 'internal' drive.

Since I can't see anything, there seems little point in trying to do anything on the UX305 past the actual installation.

The config.plist file I'm using, boots my Clover bootloader just fine.

What I did try was to install Clover on the USB drive that has the OS X installation (NOT installer) on it, the one I'm using as effectively, an internal drive. I did this connecting it to my desktop and running the Clover installer. I then copied the config.plist file from my bootloader (as it seems to work) and the kext files to the Clover part of the USB drive with the OS X installation.

Of course what I'd really like is to miss out this step and install straight on to the internal M.2 hard drive of the UX305.

In order to boot from HDD/SSD, you need to install Clover to it.

Yes, that's right. That's what I've done. The system boots but all I can see is the mouse cursor on a black screen.

What do you mean "system boots"? Do you see Clover?

Yes, I do. I can see drives and I can select them. I have a bootloader USB stick with Clover and Yosemite installer. I also have another USB stick on to which I installed OS X through the UX305. I did this because I couldn't get it going on the internal hard drive of the UX305 so I thought if I installed OS X on to a USB stick, I could put that into a desktop to see if the installation had actually happened. Low-and-behold, it did.

The problem is that whether I install on to the internal drive of the UX305 or a USB stick, after the installation, all I have is the mouse cursor on a black screen. Hence, I am unable to install Clover on to the internal hard drive as I can't see anything.

Installing Clover on to the USB stick (on which I have the OS X installation) via a desktop and then putting it back into the UX305, seemed like something to try but I have the same problem.

I have attached my EFI folder. If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate you having a look. Perhaps there's something I'm missing extensions-wise or perhaps my config.plist file is missing something or is incorrect.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 36
Yes, I do. I can see drives and I can select them. I have a bootloader USB stick with Clover and Yosemite installer. I also have another USB stick on to which I installed OS X through the UX305. I did this because I couldn't get it going on the internal hard drive of the UX305 so I thought if I installed OS X on to a USB stick, I could put that into a desktop to see if the installation had actually happened. Low-and-behold, it did.

The problem is that whether I install on to the internal drive of the UX305 or a USB stick, after the installation, all I have is the mouse cursor on a black screen. Hence, I am unable to install Clover on to the internal hard drive as I can't see anything.

Installing Clover on to the USB stick (on which I have the OS X installation) via a desktop and then putting it back into the UX305, seemed like something to try but I have the same problem.

I have attached my EFI folder. If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate you having a look. Perhaps there's something I'm missing extensions-wise or perhaps my config.plist file is missing something or is incorrect.

Boot verbose, show photo.

Is the attached okay?

Attachments

• 20150808_133626.jpg
    20150808_133626.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Is the attached okay?

You have a USB problem. Your EFI folder lacks GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back