Contribute
Register

HELP NEEDED: Sapphire HD5870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only difference between those 2 enablers is the output ports you can use. I'm using the first DVI port without problems.

I know that there are different framebuffers you can try.
In MultiBeast they choosed to use only "Vervet" & "Uakari"
There are more:
Code:
Alopias
Alouatta
Baboon
Cardinal
Caretta
Colobus
Douc
Eulemur
Flicker
Galago
Gliff
Hoolock
Hypoprion
Iago
Kakapo
Kipunji
Lamna
Langur
Megalodon
Motmot
Peregrine
Quail
Raven
Shrike
Sphyrna
Triakis
Uakari
Vervet
Zonalis
and in the attachment you can see how you can connect different "screen / monitors" on the ATI 5770 / 5870...

Attachments

• evergreen.png
    evergreen.png
    14 KB · Views: 150
Yeah, I've seen that list before somewhere else. Luckily I didn't have to try all those options :crazy:

In the now slightly outdated Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4 MacMan wrote to use the Vervet driver so that's what I installed. He has a 5770.

I have only tested the DVI ports. What was odd is that I had to use the 2nd port after installation. I was on the first one and while booting the display went off. So I connected the monitor to the other port and there was the picture. I left it connected there and after a reboot I didn't have to do anything, everything worked on port 2. No need to un- and replug or anything.

Later I was able to switch to port 1 again. Sadly I can't remember when that happened, maybe after updating from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 (I did it the hard way)?

FWIW, HDMI works for me with "Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental". I have removed ATY_Init.kext from /S/L/E since it's not needed with this version of the bootloader and added a new AtiConfig key with its string set to Vervet to my com.apple.Boot.plist.

DVI-1 didn't seem to work anymore (screen went black), with Uakari the Apple loading screen didn't go away even though the desktop had already loaded... Since I wanted to use HDMI anyway (the DVI cable which came with my monitor was pretty short) I don't mind.

I think the "Vervet" is for the HD5770.
So what I earlier said was that my HD5870 was recognized as an HD5870 ATI, Uakari after installed 10.6.5 .
The resolution was also at Full HD ;)

Just for to be shore of it still will work I checked:
==> Graphics:
===>Enablers:
====> ATY_Init Uakari

My rig is working great and I don't want the f**k it up ;)
But I will keep it in mind when my rig would crash and I need to reinstall it...

I know what you mean. After the first DVI didn't work anymore I didn't feel like trying out the 20 or 30 other framebuffers because every time I don't have a picture I have to hit the reset switch. Nothing broke so far, but it's really annoying.

Anyway, with ATY_Init out of my system I was able to boot with arch set to x86_64 for the first time. No more 32bit-only drivers or enablers left on my system so it's full 64bit now.

Only thing left to work out is why my memory is detected as 1066 even though it's 1333. That's probably a Chameleon problem so I'll just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back