Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm in the process of ordering components for my hackintosh, and am struggling to choose a graphics card.

I'm interested in the eVGA NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 1GB (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004S5CCP4/?tag=tonymacx86-21) which is just shy of £100 ($155).

There seems to have been some success with this card after looking on the forum, but not really any instructions...

Should I go with it, or is there something which will be better? I'm happy with ATi or NVIDIA, I just want whatever will give me the best performance/compatibility/price on offer. My budget is about £100 ($155) and I can't really exceed it as I am pretty strapped for cash.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

danlocke said:
Hi,

I'm in the process of ordering components for my hackintosh, and am struggling to choose a graphics card.

I'm interested in the eVGA NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 1GB (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004S5CCP4/?tag=tonymacx86-21) which is just shy of £100 ($155).

There seems to have been some success with this card after looking on the forum, but not really any instructions...

Should I go with it, or is there something which will be better? I'm happy with ATi or NVIDIA, I just want whatever will give me the best performance/compatibility/price on offer. My budget is about £100 ($155) and I can't really exceed it as I am pretty strapped for cash.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Choose the MSI Cyclon version of this card. Search is friend.

Mate94 said:
Choose the MSI Cyclon version of this card.

What will be the benefit of using this card? It's an extra £40 and as I said I need to save money where possible.

Cheers

I believe you can get the 550Ti to work.
That being said... For about the same price you can get an AMD6850.

The 6850 offers the same performance but should "just work" if you get yourself a reference design card.

Either way you will have good graphics performance.

i would buy a 6850 or 6870

kevinfigo said:

Save yourself time and headaches AND MONEY buy avoiding the 6870. This card appears like a dream at first glance, but many have reported troubles with it in the long run. It seems to be inconsistent, and crashes frequently.

akspecs said:
kevinfigo said:

Save yourself time and headaches AND MONEY buy avoiding the 6870. This card appears like a dream at first glance, but many have reported troubles with it in the long run. It seems to be inconsistent, and crashes frequently.

Who says so? :confused:

What about the ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5? didn't really look into your specs but this is the native mac pro gpu..I haven't researched into it as that would be up to you...but check around and see if it works well in hackintosh...or just use what tonymac uses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back