Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

(sorry for my bad english i'm dutch)
I'm new to this forum and a newbie in Hackintosh.
But i got a big problem and i hope that you guys can help me out with it.
First of all, I was interested in building a hackintosh and searched all around this site for information and the best components.
And bought this setup:

Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced (black&white)
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core-i5 3570K
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M II 520W
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz
WD 1TB Intellipower SATA HDD
Samsung 22x Dual DvD‐ReWriter Double layer SATA

I started building and everything was working fine. Did a fresh install of Ubuntu and no problems.
So i created a ML Unibeast USB and followed all the steps that explained on this site.
Applied the bios settings and started the installation but when i get past the partition section and the installation starts, it says 13 minutes remaining and then it hangs and the progress bar stops moving.
After a couple of minutes it says "Installation failed".
I tried everything, removing ram, different bios setting, optimized defaults, different usb ports but nothing worked.
Can someone please help me, i would appreciate it. I found it a bit strange cause it looks like this is an rare problem.
Couldn't find any solution on this forum. :(

Also to mention a friend of mine got the same build and components except our cases are different.
And he used the same ML Unibeast USB and BIOS settings and the installation succesfully succeeded for him.

Thanks

The thing is that i already formatted my HDD with disk utility and also partitioned it.
so can you explain why i must format it with linux(gparted)?

Here are a the images:

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 207
I get this screen after 13 minutes remaining:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976.8 KB · Views: 181

Already did the bios settings so i only have to create a new unibeast drive and see if it works, but i doubt it :(.
Because my friend also used the same unibeast usb stick and it succesfully installed on his hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back