Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just build and loaded Snow Leopard onto the following PC. It boots and runs fine when I boot off the Iboot CD. However, it won't boot off the HDD. I've installed the Snowleopard 10.6.7 upgrade and EasyBeast. When I try to load it from the hard drive it gets to a white screen with the apple sign and stays there. There's not gear turning below it. Not really sure where to go from here. Help!!!!

Build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 (built in sound and graphics)
Chip: Intel Core i3 2100 LGA 1155 3.1GHz
Hard Drive: Hitachi Deskstar HDS721010CLA332 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Powersupply: Coolmaster eXtreme Power Plus 460W ATX

Probably cause you're trying to boot using the integrated graphics, which isn't currently fully supported. didn't know iboot could boot using it tho - you got native resolution using iboot?

Yes I did. So do you mean I need to get a supported video card? If so, can you suggest an inexpensive option?

Hello,

i have problems to install Mac os x on the SAME Mainboard.
So i would like to ask you for your installation-procedure....
(...still waiting for boot device...)

Do you have used IBoot normal oder legacy ?
Special BIOS settings ?
Start of IBOOT whith special parameters (like -x oder so)

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Svenja

Edit: The attached kext for ethernet causes random kernel panics for me, but it's all I could find for now.

Hi, I just picked up this motherboard at MicroCenter today, $45!!! AMAZING.

Here is my progress.

If your Mac OS X install is freezing, try a different DVD drive/cable/something. Installed using latest iBoot (not legacy) and a retail Snow Leo DVD.

Then, installed the regular 10.6.7 combo update, grabbed the DSDT from Tony's database, put it on my desktop, ran MultiBeast and then BridgeHelper exactly as described here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=18641

Rebooted but got stuck on "DSMOS has arrived", rebooted afterwards using the flags "-v GraphicsEnabler=No".

Installed audio support (it works!) using MultiBest after the reboot using only the options "System Utilities" and ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback. Rebooted. Ethernet was no longer working. Searched kexts.com for "8151" (the chipset) and found the attached kext. Installed with Kext Helper and it works fine.

I don't have any USB 3.0 devices and haven't even tried installing the drivers for it.

The last thing I have to figure out is getting the Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 card working...anyone familiar with it? It's not in the 10.6.7 family of cards :'(

Attachments

• AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip
    68.4 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back