Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After much working around, I was able to get a working install of 10.6.8 with EasyBeast (trying with the User DSDT from the database yielded a kernel panic) and added network options, etc. The only problem is that I cannot boot without the iBoot CD. I tried booting in verbose mode without the CD. I attached a screenshot of the last screen I see before it just turns black.

When booted with iBoot, Snow Leopard does not detect the DVD drive and it cannot mount any disk images. Because of this, I cannot install any applications.

Any help that you could offer would be hugely appreciated. I think that I'm close to getting this to be a fully-functional build but I have no idea how to get past this point.

Thanks!

Attachments

• panic 8 9.JPG
    panic 8 9.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 540
I did set BIOS settings to ACHI and I used EasyBeast not MultiBeast (I think EasyBeast automatically installs a boot-loader). Should I install Chimera boot loader?

Hi
i just installed 10.6 on my crappy homemade desktop to see if this would really work out...and it did. I have a Pentium D on and Intel D945GTPL MB and so far cannot find any DSDT, but the system is running fine. Shut down, and restart work fine. Pro Tools is working too (main reason for this).My problem is the system will not boot from HD. it just gets stuck in a bootloop. The only way i can get it running is using iBOOT legacy CD. I would like to have it run without iBOOT. What can i do to achieve this. I used iBOOT legacy and Multibeast 3.7.2 with EAsyBeast, System Utilities, and OSx86 software checked. I'm a noob at this so any help will be greatly appreciated

EDIT: solved

Just copied the contents of the iBOOT legacy CD into the root OSX. thanks Metallion

As a workaround, you could attempt to copy the bootloader contents of iBoot onto your main hard drive (like Redhalopro mentioned). Full instructions from my guide:

NOTE: You mentioned that you can't mount disk images. This method requires you to mount a DMG file inside iBoot. In light of this, I've uploaded the contents of the "Extra" folder from Preboot.dmg onto here. (You still need to install ShowAllFiles to view the files inside the folder.) http://www.mediafire.com/?5rxunnd0pd7mann

6. Getting the dang thing to boot without a DSDT
In most guides, this is the part where they tell you to run UserDSDT in Multibeast or something. But not in my guide! Unfortunately, no combination or UserDSDT or Easybeast has ever worked for me. If your Hackintosh is like mine, then it can boot with iBoot, but it can't boot with Easybeast/UserDSDT. So we're going to improvise here, by overwriting your Hackintosh's boot files with the boot files from iBoot.

Download Multibeast from here. Chances are, your Hackintosh won't have internet yet, so you'll probably have to download Multibeast from another computer onto a USB drive. Once that's settled, run Multibeast and choose the "Chimera" bootloader, the tonymacx86 theme, and "ShowAllFiles".

lC6YY.png

Once Multibeast finishes its installation (it shouldn't take more than a minute), run ShowAllFiles (located in your Applications folder) and make it "show" all files. Then, right-click on the iBoot icon on your desktop and click "Duplicate". OS X will make a folder on your desktop called iBoot. Inside the folder, double-click on the file "Preboot.dmg".

sqLzl.png

This will create a disk called "Preboot" on your desktop. Open the Preboot disk and go to "Extras". Inside this folder are all of the files that iBoot uses to boot up your Hackintosh.

ofApE.png

Open up a new Finder window (right-click on the Finder icon and choose "New Finder Window"), and go to the main hard drive. Copy the files "mach_kernel" and "smbios.plist" from the "Extra" folder in Preboot.dmg into the main hard drive. Overwrite any files necessary.

Then, copy the entire "Extra" folder from Preboot.dmg into the main hard drive. If there's already an "Extra" folder in the main hard drive, overwrite it.

Of course, your new files are configured for a CD, not a hard drive. To fix, this, open the file com.apple.Boot.plist inside the "Extra" folder in your main hard drive with TextEdit (you could open it with Plist Editor, but it's a lot more confusing that way). Edit the following:

• Change the string under "Kernel" from "rd(0,0)/Extra/mach_kernel" to just "mach_kernel". [/*:m:6epdbbkv]
  • Change the string under "SMBIOS" from "rd(0,0)/Extra/smbios.plist" to just "smbios.plist". [/*:m:6epdbbkv]
  • Under "Kernel Flags", remove "maxmem=4096". Finally, add the following code to some random part of the file (between <dict> and </dict>):

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
    <string>1</string> [/*:m:6epdbbkv]

The result should look something like this:

JJx18.png

Eject iBoot and reboot your computer. Your Hackintosh should be able to boot by itself. Hooray!

I downloaded the User DSDT from the database, ran MultiBeast, and installed Chimera. When I tried booting, both with and without the iBoot CD, I encountered a kernel panic which ended in

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

How do I solve this problem? I'm not sure if I should try solving this problem or going back and attempting the other recommended solution (to transfer the iBoot files to the HD). Any advice?

Thanks!

Tried the method of adding the contents of the iBoot CD to my hard drive's 'Extra' folder to make it bootable and that resulted in another kernel panic:

[ PCI configuration begin ]

It just hung there.

Yes. I tried Chimera and Chameleon first. When I did, I ran into this kernel panic:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

hi,
i solved this issue by trying the method given in previous post. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back