Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Help guys im having a problem on my Hackintosh.
After the boot section im receiving an
"EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x4b0128 Sectors 0"

can someone help me out? im just a noob in hackintoshes and macs.. i really dont know how to fix this help.. i will appreciate helps and suggestions for my problem. Thanks

patsboy said:

can someone help me out? im just a noob in hackintoshes and macs.. i really dont know how to fix this help.. i will appreciate helps and suggestions for my problem. Thanks
?just little simple things that can be overlooked
?dvd drive,mouse,keyboard,external disks etc.
?most of the Ebios errors happen during initial Osx install though.
just try rebooting with the minimum of things plugged in and see what happens.. ;)

Tnx for the help..hmm Do cloning my Hack will solve the problem?

patsboy said:
Tnx for the help..hmm Do cloning my Hack will solve the problem?
cloning can [ have same effect ] transfering your probs in the clone over to the new partition...You should first investigate the problem to try and work it out , to give yourself a better understanding of whats happening and why..Most cases its fixable::
but if you just want to try it Yes by all means give it a shot..if these dont work for you give us a better explanation of your install details etc..when new to this scene its easy for anyone to get anxious/impatient and not be concentrating at your best...
It can be confusing for some,just do one thing at a time step by step.... :thumbup:

Thanks a lot dude.. :D.. it helps me a lot to know more about MAC OS' its complicated but still need to figure out how to solve the problem.

thats cool but you should reply to us all with things you are trying or have tried so one of us can help you more.. ;)

hardmantosh said:
patsboy said:

?just little simple things that can be overlooked
?dvd drive,mouse,keyboard,external disks etc.
?most of the Ebios errors happen during initial Osx install though.
just try rebooting with the minimum of things plugged in and see what happens.. ;)

I'm also new here. Just encountered the same problem. I used the advice given by above :thumbup:

Tried unplugging second display - didn't work
Then I unplugged a USB extension I used for the mouse - didn't work
Then I unplugged my second HDD and also connected my primary SSD to 3gbs port rather than 6gbs. That did the trick :headbang:

Happy days :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back