Contribute
Register

HELP bricked card? (ATI XFX HD5770 ZNFC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ga-P55-USB3
CPU
i7 2.93 Ghz
Graphics
XFX ATI 5770 ZNFC -flashed.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a ATI XFX HD5770 ZNFC graphics card. worked great with 10.6.7 or below but failed on Lion. I read and re-read everywhere suggesting a new BIOS flash of the card will fix everything. Apparently the cards came with new and old BIOS versions. I got a heads up from a friends that the old version is on techpwerup's domain, so I went and found it.
Got on windows to make a bootbale DOS USB,thrw in ATIflash utility exe, and finally got ATI flash utility up and running. Backed up the ROM on my flash drive that was installed in the card and replaced it with an older version ROM. I had problems flashing the rom, it kept saying it could not be found when clearly I had typed the filename correctly. So I changed the file name to something shorter XFXHD5770.rom and used that instead. It Flashed the card and spat out values of DeviceID old: then DeviceID New: and a few other properties of which only 2-3 things had changed. So I figured that was a good sign. It then prompted me to restart. So I did and then My computer never booted, not even Post Boot Image showed up. No PING noise from MOBO speakers. :( ..... please help
btw, basically used (this)[http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/34/8] tutorial to flash my ATI card.]

**** me. I'll give that a shot once I restore my backed up original ROM of the Card sometime soon. :-S

dddirtman, yea that didn't work. Tried with orginal facroty ROM. Below is a detail of what all I have tried, made a new post regarding a slightly different topic but same issue: HD 5770 incompatibility.

link if you're interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back