Contribute
Register

Help. ATI XFX HD 5770 577AZNFC Problems, won't work :-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ga-P55-USB3
CPU
i7 2.93 Ghz
Graphics
XFX ATI 5770 ZNFC -flashed.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My problem is I cannot use my XFX ATI 5770 HD (577A-ZNFC) Video Card with Lion. It is a known and well documented issue, I know and I have tried what seems like to me every suggestion, but to no avail. I can atm, not even boot into the OS with any flags (-x, -s, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc). The kexts installed ar from 10.6.7 running LION, with the original ROM modified with +Boz's guide (Linked/mentioned below). Please help. I have a spare temporary card that I can only have for 8-10 more days before I have to return it, so that means I can only try flashing my card for 8 days. After that if a Flash goes wrong, I cannot reflash it w/o another card, no built in video graphics. I am running a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB 3.0 rev 2.0 F8. 8GB ram. Below is my documented progress (failures). Worst comes worst, hopefully this thread will help other's with XFX 5770s and trying to get them to work.
PS: I can attach my ROM's that I have tried/ altered if that helps anyone diagnose and correct my problems.

What All I have read and Tried.

LINKMy Blog and discussion with a commenter This is my card, even bought it off that link, more pics and info can be found on the blog's Gallery page up top in the LEFT URL

summary Dude on my blog saw my post about flashing the XFX 5770 to getting it to work. He tried +Boz method below, and eventually settled with flashing his 577X-ZNFC with the oldest dated rom dated 090926 on TechPowerUp like many people on the thread of Tonymacx86 did linked below. He found simple success in that. This method basically bricks my card until I used another video card and flash the original ROM back on. The computer refuses to boot with that ROM installed in my XFX, so my card is essentially incompatible with the 090926 rom at least, and possible other ones on the TechPowerUP site.

LINKHow I flashed my ATI XFX HD 5770 to run on my MacPro 2006 1.1 using Win7 and ati_win MacRumors

summary User eyup essentially used the +Boz guide to alter the original ROM (ZNEC version) and flash his card with the altered ROM, showed he got it fully working. I scroll down last comment by martva seemed relevant to me: he posted his ZNFC altered ROM, which gave me an error during flashing when I tired to flash mine. SSID error, mismatch. Means mine and his are somehow not the same card. So no go for me but relevant information for any one else.

LINKPC ATI 5770/5870 cards flashed to work with Mac Pro Boz+'s Guide

summary "This is guide was basically a more descriptive process recommeneded and outlined by jeanlain on netkas forums and thanks to the netkas and rominator efi mods to make sure you are working with your card's original EFI/BIOS and not using some custom ones that might cause issues and even kill your card." I tried this tutorial, one of the first things I did when flashing my card. This allowed me to boot into Lion using GraphicsEnabler=No , but then when I replaced 10.6.7 kext (found as an attachment from a commenters post on one fo the many pages on the Tonymac's link below), The system would not boot back up. I even Injected my DeviceID "68b8" in ATIController5000 kext. (I hope I did this right, can anyone link me to a proper tutorial on how to "inject" a device ID?)

LINKAny word on compatibility with troubled XFX HD 5770 Cards? Tonymacx86

Summary bascially went through every page of this thread at least twice, but the success people are having I am not able to replicate with my build/card. Flashing various ROMS, especially TechPoWerUP's 090926 version breaks my card. Switching the Kext form 10.6.7 didn't work either even when I flashed the modified original rom via +Boz guide or just the stock ROM.

copy ati5000controller.kext to desktop
edit the plist file with your card id
copy the kext back to s/l/e (you will be prompted to type password)
multibeast>system utilities
reboot
u might need graphics enabler=yes

Yea that didn't work. I tired just that. The thing is the device ID is already there. Unless I am doing something wrong.

I show contents of the ATI5000 kext, open info.plist with plist editor.
Then under. IOKitPersonalities > Controller > IOPCIMatch > "0x68981002 0x68991002 0x68E01002 0x68E11002 0x68D81002 0x68C01002 0x68C11002 0x68D91002 0x68B81002 0x68B01002 0x68B11002 0x68A01002 0x68A11002 "

My device ID of the card is 68B8 according to AtIFlash Utility. I am not sure how to access my vendor ID, but under IOPCIMach is written: "0x68B81002 "

I even tried the Device ID "0x68BE1002" by appending to that line in the info.plist file.

Lastly I did run multi beast and repaired cache and permissions after all edits. The ATI5000 next was LION's version, not SL.

Yes, It's essentially just injection of Device ID to the kext in the zip. then vervet frame buffer that I used as well, and booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

dide that no go :-\

photo.JPG

can anyone make heads or tails of this error. It shows with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No after doing the suggested in the above link.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back