Contribute
Register

Help Arrandale processor (i3 370m) Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
No errors! had some help but now it boots with the dsdt and I have a brightness slider, still gonna keep you posted :)

Alright im at the last error, Error 1: Invalid object type for reserved name (found ZERO, requires Package) it would auto fix itself, and i dont know what i would replace ZERO with

It doesn't sound like you're using MaciASL (MaciASL has no auto-fix). I would not trust any sort of "auto-fix."

I can't tell you what to do with only the error, as the fix would depend on the context of the error (the code where the error appears).

If you want help, post the DSDT...

I fixed it! Would you mind trying the guide yourself with my dsdt? I only got half of the things working
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/#entry1897758View attachment 63412

I can see that you added the PNLF, and it looks ok according to what is written in the guide, but of course, I can not verify that the SystemMemory address is correct as I don't have your machine (that requires Windows+RWEverything+the computer).

The lighting after wake is my big issue, Function keys arent working for brightness but i can live with that if its not easy. Thank you!

Looking at your _WAK method, I don't think you followed the instructions there.

FYI: I don't think OS X makes use of _PLD, but your fix for that is incorrect. Here is the correct patch:

Code:
# rehabman:
# _PLD is supposed to return a variable length Package of Buffers

into_all all code_regex (Name\s*\(_PLD,\s*)Buffer(\s\(0x10\)[^\)]*) replaceall_matched
begin
%1Package() { Buffer%2}
end;

One other diff I noticed was this:
Code:
2758c2783
<                     0x00000000,         // Length
---
>                     0xFEC00000,         // Length
2765c2790
<                     0x00000000,         // Length
---
>                     0x00005000,         // Length

Yours is ">" mine is "<"...

FYI: Once you get brightness slider working, keyboard mapping is a separate issue involving the PS2 keyboard driver. What PS2 kexts are you using and what trackpad does your laptop have?

I cant get the WAK to work so I think I left it out, Ill give you everything you need how would I give you system memory address?, I believe im using Voodoo for PS2 with a synaptics touchpad. I believe voodoo came standard in the install as I don't remember putting it there myself but i see it in verbose.]

If it matters, My Volume Fn works with animation but nothing for brightness

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...46-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/page-3#entry1898982

Felix Chan did something a little different to get it up and running

I cant get the WAK to work so I think I left it out, Ill give you everything you need how would I give you system memory address?,

I was referring to the SystemMemory address for BRIT/BRI2/BRI3/BRI4 where you are currently using 0xD0048254/0xD0048250. I suppose you determined this address via RW-Everthing as the guide shows?

What could you not get to work with the _WAK as described by the guide?

I believe im using Voodoo for PS2 with a synaptics touchpad. I believe voodoo came standard in the install as I don't remember putting it there myself but i see it in verbose.

It doesn't come "standard in the install"... you have to install it.

But you might consider using mine (after you get the brightness slider working) as it is possible to create a custom keyboard map with my version of VoodooPS2 and my driver has the best support for the Synaptics touchpad.

If it matters, My Volume Fn works with animation but nothing for brightness

Doesn't really matter. Volume is different than brightness. Different keys (scan codes) involved and different parts of OS X...

Like fixing around the WAK part is suppose to enable screen brightness upon wake up but mine is still dark, I can faintly see the enter password bar

Heres a screenshot of RW RW Screenshot Acer Aspire 5733.png

I thought you just had to change the letter to correspond... correct me if im wrong though. eg.
OperationRegion (BRI3, SystemMemory, 0xB00C8250, 0x04) - All i did was change it to D

and after all this id love to have your driver for the keyboard :D sounds great

Like fixing around the WAK part is suppose to enable screen brightness upon wake up but mine is still dark, I can faintly see the enter password bar

Heres a screenshot of RW View attachment 63430

I thought you just had to change the letter to correspond... correct me if im wrong though. eg.
OperationRegion (BRI3, SystemMemory, 0xB00C8250, 0x04) - All i did was change it to D

That's my understanding from reading the insanely post...

Did you get the brightness slider working in SysPrefs->Display?

Maybe moving the brightness setting to the end of _WAK would be better...

and after all this id love to have your driver for the keyboard :D sounds great

My driver is at: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Yes the slider works, and the screen auto dims when I take out the charger. I was wondering if you have the time could you do that WAK part? Ill unedrstand if you cant, you must be a very busy person but im not very good with editing text in dsdt's as I always get weird errors on boot, The one in the package that I'm currently using wasn't completely made by myself someone compiled it for me. Id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the link btw :) and your help its all been great!

Yes the slider works, and the screen auto dims when I take out the charger. I was wondering if you have the time could you do that WAK part? Ill unedrstand if you cant, you must be a very busy person but im not very good with editing text in dsdt's as I always get weird errors on boot, The one in the package that I'm currently using wasn't completely made by myself someone compiled it for me. Id greatly appreciate it.

Give it a try and see how it goes...

I'm kind of surprised that the ACPIBacklight.kext doesn't take care of restoring the brightness to the value prior to sleep. If it was my computer, that is probably the approach I would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back