1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello there, I've an Asus Q301LA Laptop

The specs are: Mac OS 10.12.3
Intel Core i5 4200u
Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536MB Working
Atheros AR9285 Working
6GB of RAM

Everything working so far, except for the audio. I've booted into Linux for fixing the screen and getting the SSDT's and DSDT's.
When I was on Linux I got that the audio codec was Realtek ALC3236.

What kext and/or dsdt patch can I use?

Hello there, I've an Asus Q301LA Laptop

The specs are: Mac OS 10.12.3
Intel Core i5 4200u
Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536MB Working
Atheros AR9285 Working
6GB of RAM

Everything working so far, except for the audio. I've booted into Linux for fixing the screen and getting the SSDT's and DSDT's.
When I was on Linux I got that the audio codec was Realtek ALC3236.

What kext and/or dsdt patch can I use?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've done all of that. But I can't make audio work....

Well, here is an attachment. I have installed some Apple HDA Patched kext on S/L/E but I have vanilla HDA kext backed up as well.

Attachments

• Archivo.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 172
Well, here is an attachment. I have installed some Apple HDA Patched kext on S/L/E but I have vanilla HDA kext backed up as well.

Your ACPI is not patched correctly (you should not have two HDEF objects in ioreg).
See ACPI patching guide linked from the FAQ.

ACPI/origin is also missing.
kextcache output is missing
kextstat output is missing

Your AppleHDA is likely incorrect. And it should not be in kexts/Other anyway. Use Mirone's AppleHDA patcher after you restore AppleHDA to vanilla.

Your audio codec is Realtek ALC233.

I have two HDEF on IOReg cause i have the audio card ALC233 and the HDMI Audio output (but I'm not interested on hdmi audio right now)
So, is there any other error on acpi patches?

Thanks for pointing that Apple hda that was on /kext/other.
I've already removed it

Soemthing I forgot to mention is that Clover doesn't store DSDTs files on Acpi/origin when I press F4. I had to dump them with Kali Linux.
When I press F4, clover freezes for a second, and when I boot into OSX the keyboard and touchpad doesn't work. I have to reboot, and the ACPI files are not there.

I have two HDEF on IOReg cause i have the audio card ALC233 and the HDMI Audio output (but I'm not interested on hdmi audio right now)

No.
HDMI audio is served by HDAU, not HDEF.

So, I have corrected my ACPI, the included on the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched only has 1 patch (Asus battery management patch) Also the ioreg now only shows one single HDEF.
I have included the kextcahe and kextstat output.

Attachments

• Asus laptop.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 165
So, I have corrected my ACPI, the included on the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched only has 1 patch (Asus battery management patch) Also the ioreg now only shows one single HDEF.
I have included the kextcahe and kextstat output.

Your kextcache shows no patched AppleHDA components installed.
It also shows your kexts are not installed correctly. All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Also...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back