Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3542
CPU
i5-4210
Graphics
HD4400, GTX 840M,1366x768
I have successfully installed High Sierra 10.13 on my Lenovo Ideapad 320E. Now I'm fixing brightness key control using ACPIDebug.In windows I use Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 to decrease and increase brightness respectively.
I've read through and followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Problem is that syslog is not showing any thing about ACPIDebug and which method is called when I press Fn Keys.
I've attached zip file below.
Plz Help.

Attachments

• debug_8843.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 86
I have successfully installed High Sierra 10.13 on my Lenovo Ideapad 320E. Now I'm fixing brightness key control using ACPIDebug.In windows I use Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 to decrease and increase brightness respectively.
I've read through and followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Problem is that syslog is not showing any thing about ACPIDebug and which method is called when I press Fn Keys.
I've attached zip file below.
Plz Help.

"Problem Reporting" files are wrong. (ioreg is not from IORegistryExplorer v2.1)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note that it is very common for EC query methods to not be triggered if DSDT has no idea which version of Windows installed. And your DSDT isn't patched for _OSI("Darwin"). See ACPI patching guide regarding "OS Check Fix" patches.

Looking at your DSDT code... You will eventually find out your brightness key methods are _Q11 and _Q12.

Thanks for Replay @RehabMan
"Problem Reporting" files are wrong. (ioreg is not from IORegistryExplorer v2.1)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note that it is very common for EC query methods to not be triggered if DSDT has no idea which version of Windows installed. And your DSDT isn't patched for _OSI("Darwin"). See ACPI patching guide regarding "OS Check Fix" patches.

Looking at your DSDT code... You will eventually find out your brightness key methods are _Q11 and _Q12.

Following Attachment is created using gen_debug.sh as you have suggested.

I've also patched dsdt for "OS Check Fix".But still i can't see any log regarding EC Queries in console or syslog.

Attachments

• debug_14171.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 93

You were right about brightness key methods are _Q11 and _Q12.
and i have patched DSDT using this patch

Code:
#Edit methods _Q11 and _Q12 to interface with KBC0
into method label [B]_Q11[/B] replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
Notify ([B]PS2K[/B], 0x20)\n
end;

into method label [B]_Q12[/B] replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
Notify ([B]PS2K[/B], 0x10)\n
end

but nothing works.
plz help.

You were right about brightness key methods are _Q11 and _Q12.
and i have patched DSDT using this patch

Code:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
end;

begin
// Brightness Up\n
end

but nothing works.
plz help.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Attachments

• debug_14535.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 110
@RehabMan

please find attachment

Your ioreg is corrupt (wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.app).
"Problem reporting" is very specific regarding the version of IORegistryExplorer that must be used.

@RehabMan
Your ioreg is corrupt (wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.app).
"Problem reporting" is very specific regarding the version of IORegistryExplorer that must be used.
This time i have deleted IORegistryExplorer and used gen_debug.sh to generate problem atachments.
i know that i have to deal with _Q11 and _Q12 but below patch is not working.
any idea which patch i have to use or which part of given patch has to be modified?
Code:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
end;

begin
// Brightness Up\n
end

Attachments

• debug_27681.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 112
@RehabMan

This time i have deleted IORegistryExplorer and used gen_debug.sh to generate problem atachments.
i know that i have to deal with _Q11 and _Q12 but below patch is not working.
any idea which patch i have to use or which part of given patch has to be modified?
Code:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
end;

begin
// Brightness Up\n
end