CPU
i3-4370
Graphics
Intel 4600HD
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I will preface by saying I don't care about HDMI audio (don't know if this matters the instructions seem to mention it), I'm running audio over optical w/o issue and can just leave it that way...

I have been encountering white noise when switching inputs on my receiver. The connection looks like this: Top HDMI port on the GA-H97N WiFi (Intel HD4600 igfx) board I have > Yamaha Receiver > Samsung LCD TV. When I switch to another receiver input, then come back to my CustoMac later, sometimes I'll get only white noise on the TV.

From searching around and doing some reading it seems like it could have to do with Framebuffer needing edited. I've tried to follow this thread Intel HD6000+/HD5500/HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits but this is my first build and all of this seems to be a bit above my head/confusing. I found that I'm on 0x6 (not 0x5 or 0x7) so my config is:
( DP/ND | HDMI/DVI | DP/ND ) and based on the PDF instructions I think I would need the Azul -e config.

But I'm confused because that seems to go with Chimera boot loader and I am using Clover. Do I need to install Chimera as well to get this working? Or, am I overthinking and this and this is a more simple clover-only edit and I'm missing that in the instruction PDF/post?

I didn't want to screw up my generally pretty stable system by installing the wrong thing here so any detailed guidance would be great. I just would love to not deal with white noise if I can make an edit and get this fixed.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back