Contribute
Register

HDMI Out Issues HD Radeon 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, 1TB WD Green series, 120Gb Kingston Hyper X, 16GB G.Skill @1600Mhz
CPU
3570K i5 @ 3.8Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi forums, I have just completely been satisfied with my Hackintosh...That is until I tried to watch Netflix on my flat screen with it. I plug in the HDMI to my GPU and OS X recognizes it and everything, says the name of my TV automatically changes it to 720p, but the screen stays blank. Pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with my TV, I use the same HDMI with my Xbox, and it works fine. Any help please?

Here To Help said:
google frame buffer

horrible jackass answer award goes to you.

ha ha, if you know the answer "here to help" you could provide a bit more info.

yeah... sometimes a different framebuffer can provide different functionality, you would want to try doing it by typing AtiConfig=NameOfFrameBuffer on boot instead of adding it to your boot.plist in case something goes wrong.

You'll have to search around for a list of ATI framebuffers, there might be more than one your card can use. just note that some might provide worse performance too so it might be good to run Unigine Heaven after each change.

Once you've found a better framebuffer simply add it to your boot.plist like this:

Code:
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>NameOfFrameBuffer</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back