Contribute
Register

HDMI Freeze on HP Probook/EliteBook G1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on Yosemite? Do you still need the fix?

Any news on Yosemite? Do you still need the fix?

Hi There!! Im in Yosemite and everything goes OK. Thanks to all of u!! U rule!!

Just one important thing is not working: the HDMI port. When i plug my Probook 450 g1 it freezes and and i need to do a hard reset.

I tried with the kexts -hd5000- included on this post but can´t boot. The other files included by Bonabona - IOAccelerator - is unavailable on google drive to try the complete solution.

As i can see -Loudyou and Bonabona- has the same probook as me, so id like to know if they dont have any issues with hdmi and yosemite.

Thanx in advance, and sorry for my english, but its not better than my spanish.

HPProbook 450 g1, Yosemite, 16gb ram.

Hi Bonabona i hope not buggin u.

Can u please share again your IOAccelerator*.kext. I cant use my hdmi port. My Hactintosh freezes when the hdmi wire is plugged.

Thanx in advance.

2nd link is broken. PLEASE PLEASE, could u fix it??

I didnt receive any response :( but i found the solution to solve de problem of hdmi video freeze :) , install this kexts and rebuild caché.

2 days of my life but im so happy.

View attachment Archive.zip

Here is the temporary fix for HDMI freeze on Haswell HP laptops. Please backup your kext and install using Kext Wizard:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8160092/10.9.1.zip

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3dm6jSqQBwtR0JJZmhWMFNOQUk/edit

I was going to try this on my HP Probook 450 G1 but the second link doesn't work anymore... Also, I noticed this thread is quite old now so I'm curious if other progress/solutions exist to get the HDMI (or VGA) port working on the 450 G1?

I was going to try this on my HP Probook 450 G1 but the second link doesn't work anymore... Also, I noticed this thread is quite old now so I'm curious if other progress/solutions exist to get the HDMI (or VGA) port working on the 450 G1?

There is a patch in the ProBook Installer (Clover hotpatch).

There is a patch in the ProBook Installer (Clover hotpatch).

I see in the PBI changelog:

Version 6.2.15 (January 28th 2015)
Add FakePCIIID_HDMI_Audio to fix HDMI Freeze on Haswell laptops.

However, I couldn't locate a specific option to install it. I assume it's a kext and packaged in "OS Supported Kexts->Standard Model->4x0 G1"?

Are there any other requirements? Should I also run the DSDT/SSDT options as well? What about the "Extra Tools->Old Kext Remover"? Clover version matter? I'm running 3113 right now but notice 3168 is bundled with PBI 6.2.15

However, I couldn't locate a specific option to install it. I assume it's a kext and packaged in "OS Supported Kexts->Standard Model->4x0 G1"?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back