Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio on Intel Sandy Bridge HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
elpuchu said:
Thanks toleda! I'm a beginner with this stuff and only managed to have internet and audio with this new mobo. DSDT was useless as it's way different from GA's models (attached if someone likes to give it a try applying the necessary hacks). Graphics is working at a default value (1024x768) and I've tried modifying Graphics.kexts but nothing seems to work.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
HDMI audio doesn't work unless HD3000 graphics is enabled. You may want to try Chimera as it will inject the 0126 device_id and install the macmini5,1 smbios. That may get your HD3000 graphics recognized and enabled. Once you get HD3000 graphics enabled you have to edit the dsdt. To prepare, search for a dsdt auto patcher to make your dsdt Lion ready.

toleda said:
elpuchu said:
Thanks toleda! I'm a beginner with this stuff and only managed to have internet and audio with this new mobo. DSDT was useless as it's way different from GA's models (attached if someone likes to give it a try applying the necessary hacks). Graphics is working at a default value (1024x768) and I've tried modifying Graphics.kexts but nothing seems to work.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
HDMI audio doesn't work unless HD3000 graphics is enabled. You may want to try Chimera as it will inject the 0126 device_id and install the macmini5,1 smbios. That may get your HD3000 graphics recognized and enabled. Once you get HD3000 graphics enabled you have to edit the dsdt. To prepare, search for a dsdt auto patcher to make your dsdt Lion ready.
I've already tried using Multibeast 4.1.0 selecting EasyBeast Install, 64-bit Apple Boot Screen in Boot Option and Mac mini in System Definitions, but HD 3000 graphics is still not recognized. Using Windows I've found it has 0122 device_id though, so I will take the graphics kexts and modify them (again) accordingly, just in case something went wrong the first time. I've also found a DSDT Auto-Patcher so I will begin working on my DSDT file as well.
Thanks for the help! Keep you posted.

elpuchu said:
I've already tried using Multibeast 4.1.0 selecting EasyBeast Install, 64-bit Apple Boot Screen in Boot Option and Mac mini in System Definitions, but HD 3000 graphics is still not recognized. Using Windows I've found it has 0122 device_id though, so I will take the graphics kexts and modify them (again) accordingly, just in case something went wrong the first time. I've also found a DSDT Auto-Patcher so I will begin working on my DSDT file as well.
Thanks for the help! Keep you posted.
Let me try again. Chimera injects the 0126 device_id. Try it. If it still doesn't work, you can use dsdt injection http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31948

jeffc2009 said:
I am using macmini 5,1. I gotten some other info from RevoGirl's Blog:
"Step 5: Run one (enter password) to get this:

0000078: 0002 0300 0000 0000 ffff ffff …………
0000084: 0205 0000 0004 0000 0700 0000 …………
0000090: 0304 0000 0004 0000 0900 0000 …………
000009c: 0406 0000 0008 0000 0600 0000 …………
00000a8: 0000 0000 0100 0000 4000 0000 ……..@…

The 0205 in this table is the DVI connector. The 0304 is (apparently) not used on the P8Z68-V PRO, but the 0406 is the HDMI connector. No idea what I should be using for the VGA connector.

Some of your assumptions are not correct. The connectors at 0205 and 0304 are DisplayPort not DVI. You will not find DVI or VGA in a OS X HD3000 connector table. As well, connector-type and av-signal-type are related but not the same.

Regarding port numbers, they do not map to a connector table or a particular entry in IOReg. in your case, port 7 (HDMI) can map to AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 or @1 or @2. Typically, no matter where you have the HDMI connector in the table (0205 or 0304 or 0406) the HDMI port is not matched with HDMI entry in the connector table. When the HDMI port is matched with the DisplayPort connector, no audio service can be established. The error message is not accurate for OS X. When you have the HDMI port linked to the HDMI connector, the error is resolved.

In my opinion, OS X sets the frequency as it does memory. No need to make changes there. The slow boot is caused by "main Graphics Engine hang" The port and connector in the framebuffer can't communicate. It is best to leave the numbers after the index (i.e., 0205) the same.

Finally, I have an edited framebuffer the works on my Asus P8H67-I for DVI and HDMI. Haven't tried VGA as I don't have any way to test. Let me know if you'd like to test the edited framebuffer.

Hi toleda,

May I know that the guide - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... -3000.html can also apply or not with my MSI board ?

I've attempted to follow the guide step by step (except Step 3 - What I need is HDMI Audio only). However, I cannot find the Device (IGD0) at my DSDT.aml file. What can I do ?

jeffc2009 said:
The one I edited is working very well and i don't have to worry about unplugging hdmi cable and plugging it back in. It takes about 42 sec. from bio to desktop. Its really snappy like on my G73SW. I would Like to try anything you have to offer. If it wasn't for your guide I would never had attempt this!!
Good work. Are you saying you have VGA working? in addition to HDMI audio working?

jeffc2009 said:
HDMI Audio is working, but I can't test out VGA. My tv only have 3 hdmi inputs and no DVI/VGA. Is there something else I have to do to make hdmi audio work in x86 mode?
What do you mean by "make hdmi audio work in x86 mode?". What mode is HDMI audio working?

jeffc2009 said:
What I meant was when I boot into 32 bit (i386) there is no hdmi audio, only in 64 bit. I have a old ralink RT2860 driver that's only in 32 bit until i order a new wifi card.
HDMI audio does not work with the 32 bit kernel. If my memory serves me, Ralink published new drivers recently for 10.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back