1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

Recently I've upgraded to 10.7.3 my system:

System: GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
CPU: i7-2600 Sandy Bridge
Graphics: ati x1950XTX

After many hours reading the forum and the net, I guess I have tried all options without success (multi beast, DSDT, new HDA Kext, etc.).

But a BIG doubt is in my mind, when I read HDA, this means audio trough HDMI or trough the traditional 3,5 jack speakers. What I want is to get the audio working trough the traditional 3,5 jack output.

Any help would be very helpful since I don't know what more to do.

Thank you in advance!

You have a Realtek ALC889 and the kexts you need are Realtek8xxHDA and AppleHDARollback, these should get you audio out the 3.5 jacks, If you have installed any of the VoodooHDA kexts, you must remove them as they conflict with Realtek.

You may have to run MB several times to get AppleHDARollback to install, for some reason it doesn't always on the first (or second) try. Run System Utilities!

If that doesn't solve it, I would try a different set of headphones as they might be faulty.

Thank you SnapMan, I'm trying to follow your indications and I'll let you know if I get the audio work.
What I'm totally sure is that there is no probem with the speakers because if I boot with an Ubuntu live CD (changing nothing in BIOS), the audio Works fine ;)

Best Regards,

i had same problem. Have been trying to get audio back via 3.5 jack for 3 days now.

i kept trying new fresh installs with MB. not luck. then today i got it! thanks to another poster.

When doing fresh install, using MB. i selected as shown in the OP 1st image
[*]easybeast
[*]system util
[*][*]ALC8xxHDA & ALC89

reboot and audio worked.
after i got audio working, i installed other kexts like network, gfx, sleep etc

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=47046#top

hope works for you also

Re: HDA audio = audio by 3,5 jack speakers? no audio [SOLVED]

Thank you everybody, it is working now!!

I removed all HDA kexts + audio AudioAUUC.kext + Realtek... and I Use MB with this options:

[*]system util
[*][*]ALC8xxHDA & ALC89

and reboot.

Now my next challenge is to get working my 2 screens. During my changes to get audio they worked sometimes but now, only works the main screen.

Any Suggestion?

Kind Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back