Contribute
Register

HD4600 no youtube video hardware decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest flash installed (14.0.0.125):

I believe other people are also having this problem (The OP, me and this ****** user - http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/27ufz2/haswell_hackintosh_with_hd4600_gpu_no_youtube_hw/ )

I tried using clover and got the same result but I'm not an expert at all. Perhaps some framebuffer patching or something is required? Please let me know if there's anything else I can try. Hardware acceleration in browser Firefox is also absent.

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Not sure what to think. Here, it is working on my desktop (HD3000) and the U430 laptop (HD4400 mobile). I will probably check my 4540s (HD4000 mobile) later.

Have you tried a fresh install to another partition (keep it clean), just to verify it is not something you installed?

Also, I am using Clover (latest build from sources) on all my systems...

Device GFX0@2 is missing? What ssdt tables did you drop?

in regard to dropping ssdt tables, I didn't do anything more than DropSSDT=Yes in Boot.plist and using the ssdtPRGen generated ssdt

I see that GFX0 was present in my earlier ioreg before enabling native PM using imac smbios and ssdtPRGen...not sure what happened...oh my.

-----------------------------------------

I'm trying to use this guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...t helped.[/s]**edit2**this guide didn't help.

Device GFX0@2 is missing? What ssdt tables did you drop?

Just a guess... dropped all due to CPU PM implementation. Of course, correct way is to include SSDTs as required in /Extra (or ACPI/patched if using Clover). Requires careful analysis of SSDTs to determine which ones to include/which ones to drop.

Also, would be a good idea to implement IGPU PM (rename GFX0 -> IGPU). I don't think it is relevant to the problem at hand, however. I get accel decode without the rename.

- - - Updated - - -

i...
I see that GFX0 was present in my earlier ioreg before enabling native PM using imac smbios and ssdtPRGen...not sure what happened...oh my.

See above. Your GFX0 device is no doubt defined in an OEM SSDT. When you drop all of them, you lose that definition.

See above. Your GFX0 device is no doubt defined in an OEM SSDT. When you drop all of them, you lose that definition.
In this case GPU PM is not working: display@2/APGM/Heuristic-ID=ffff ffff.
Should be AGPM/Heuristic-ID=2
Set ocB.p/DropSSDT=No, CPU PM ssdt will load

Edit2: Heuristic-ID=2 for Intel Integrated Graphics.

Should be AGPM/Heuristic-ID=2, GFX0@2/AGPM works.
Set ocB.p/DropSSDT=No, CPU PM ssdt will load, GPU PM will work.

Lack of IGPU PM pointed out in post #9. Just curious... How do you get IGPU PM without renaming GFX0 -> IGPU (other than kext patching)?

Of course, correct way is to include SSDTs as required in /Extra (or ACPI/patched if using Clover).

I am starting over with **unmodified kexts (like AppleIntelAzul)** by using my backup.This time with UEFI Clover on a USB.

Achieved xcpm power management again on clover by SSDT.aml and ONLY dropped the power management OEM ssdt like told. The rest of the OEM ssdt tables should be there including the original GFX which were dropped previously. same result as before - no hardware decoding.

Here's the new IOReg View attachment User’s iMac.ioreg

Should be AGPM/Heuristic-ID=2, GFX0@2/AGPM works.
Set ocB.p/DropSSDT=No, CPU PM ssdt will load, GPU PM will work.

Okay ....hmm....Where can I set ocB.p/DropSSDT=No ? is this done in org.chameleon.boot.plist? I have clover on a usb and chameleon on my hard drive.

I'm such a noob lol. Dsdt patching, eh? Any other way?

Where can I set ocB.p/DropSSDT=No ?
I'm such a noob lol. Dsdt patching, eh?
ocb.p is org.chameleon.boot.plist
Install the 8series HDMI audio ssdt or edit the dsdt for HDMI audio; either edits for PM; GFX0 > IGPU and PEPG > GFX0. Don't use the HDMI audio if you don't need it.

As the latest IOReg shows, correct sys def/HD4600 AGPM works with GFX0. dsdt or kext edit is not required.

I see. GFX0 is in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext for iMac14,2 (and others), but not for the smbios I'm used to using (MacBook*, MacMini*).

But this is irrelevant to the problem at hand. I previously confirmed that hw decode works with or without GPU PM.

Hey folks!

So I'm the OP in the ****** link that nightlite posted and as mentioned there, I'm having a similar problem. I followed the link RehabMan posted about enabling CPU PM, and I'm having some troubles with that. Although the "XCPM: registered" and "IOPFF: XCPM mode" messages appear in Console, and my IOReg contains X86PlatformPlugin, AICPUPMI reports only the 8 and 35 P-States work. Intel Power Gadget seemed to work both before, and now after following the CPU PM guide however. Images to all this are here on Imgur (I didn't want to fill this post with Power Management pics).

Aside from that, I looked in my IOReg (attached to this post) and saw that my Heuristic-ID is set to <04 00 00> as shown in the picture below:
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 10.00.44 PM.png

Any ideas on what I should try next?

Thank you very much for your time and support! :)

Attachments

• Mihir’s iMac (2).ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back