GIGABYTE GV-N970WF3OC-4GD GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I've read a lot however. And while I am waiting on Snow Leopard to reinstall on my PC, I thought I could pick your brain on my little problem:

I had a working Snow Leopard install when installing with a GeForce 8400. Installed with iBoot, upgraded, then used MultiBeast to get it boot from the HD. Really nice!

But then I decided to use my HD 5770 card and that's when the problems began: Kernel panic on boot without iBoot.

I could boot with iBoot and played with the kexts (my mistake) and then it decided not to boot at all. With any card. Got stuck at the loading screen.

Anyways, what's your suggestion to get the HD 5770 to work?

Thanks!

Gonna need a step-by-step of what you did so we can figure out what went wrong.

Additionally, we're going to need to know about your system. Please fill out your signature block with a detail description of you system per FAQ @3: faq.php#f0r2

Alright, sorry about that.

So here is the step-by-step description of my system status to this moment:

* Clean install of OS X 10.6 Retail with iBoot on below system with Graphic 1. Using Graphic 2 would cause Kernel panic with iBoot and iBoot legacy.
GPU, Processor, Sound, Ethernet not recognized correctly, but work out of the box. GPU only with limited resolution.

* Currently preparing for update to 10.6.7 and Multibeast

What I want:
Running dual-boot with the Windows drive and Graphic 2 recognized. How would I approach this?

Thanks!

Oh, and to this point this is my guide:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

My question would be about Step 4: I am thinking of EasyBeast and then go from there. Which packages would you suggest I should install to make my configuration work?

edit: MAC will be used for Adobe CS mostly, graphic design related tasks.

Little update: Upgrade to 10.6.7 and EasyBeast only.

Result: No sound, no ethernet, graphic 1 only with limited resolution.

You should not get a kernel panic with a 5770 unless you are doing something else wrong with your install.

Which card is it:
611ARBJX0NL._AA1000_.jpg

51lW0UVusVL.jpg

Or a different one ?

It's the card at the top. And yeah, isn't Kernel panic when the screen gets an overlay in grey telling me that I am a failure and need to restart the computer in many different languages?

Because intially, this is what I got when booting with above card. When I used iBoot to boot with that card, it worked however.

Right now, with above setup (10.6.7 & EasyBeast only), the computer gets stuck the the grey MAC boot screen with and without iBoot.

Is there any way I can figure out what's going on during the boot and how can I fix it?

A little update:

I installed the DSDT for Gigabyte P35-DS3R: the system recognized my graphic 1 correctly and displayed all possible resolutions.

I set GraphicsEnabler=No in MultiBeast Boot Options: the system loaded fine but back to single low resolution.

I replaced graphic 1 with graphic 2 (the HD 5770) and the system won't boot.

I booted with iBoot and the system boots properly and recognizes the HD 5770 correctly.

How can I move this now into boot from harddrive?

I have the same graphicscard and it is working without any trouble. I am using a recent version of Chameleon RC5 like you do. You should definitly set the option graphicsenabler to yes and use only the 5770 card. Check if the patched DSDT include any changes for the NVidia card.

This is how my com.apple.boot.plist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,5) hd(1,7)</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

@scatman: As the card is not a reference design card you must've done something other than just plug it in to get it to work. I think hara78 will need the steps you used to get the card recognized since it does not work OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back