Geforce 680GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have several builds working great with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5TH as a color correction station. Inside I have 2 video cards (GT640 for video output and GTX670 for processing only) and one video capture (Blackmagic Studio 2). In order to take advantage of one more slot, I would like to put my monitor (DELL 27") on the onboard video and take the GT640 out, which is no problem after doing some changes in the .org file. But, I really couldn't find a way to get 2k resolution from the HD4000, only FullHD.
Is there a way to get this working with this mobo?

Thanks in advance,

Danilo

Intel HD4000 graphics does not support dual-link, therefore 1920x1200 is the maximum for DVI and HDMI.
2560x1440 is only possible with a display port cable.

I can confirm that this works using Display Port. I'm using the HD 4000 (i7-3770K) with a display port cable connected to a Dell u2713hm. Just make sure you're getting RGB and not YPbPr out of the Display Port.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know the DVI port from this mobo wasn't dual link. So, in this case, I have nothing to do.
I also have some machines with the Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, which has the display port and in this one I managed to get 2K resolution as you guys said.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Best,

Danilo

The GA-Z77X-UD5H has Display Port as well. That's what I'm using.

Sorry! I meant Z77X-UP5TH. So many mobos here I got confused...

Tks

Really ?! I didn't know about that.
I'll try using the thunderbolt ports and I'll let you guys know.

Thanks a lot,

Danilo

Really ?! I didn't know about that.
I'll try using the thunderbolt ports and I'll let you guys know.

Thanks a lot,

Danilo

From the Gigabyte website:

Intel DSL3510L chip:
  1. 2 Thunderbolt ports (MDP1/MDP2) support for Mini-DisplayPort and Thunderbolt monitor(s), and supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
    * When a monitor connected to the DVI-D port, the MDP2 Thunderbolt port can support Thunderbolt storage device(s) only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back