EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 PCIe SLI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I had a success-full Hackintosh system running, but I was running OSX off of a 60GB SSD. I recently purchased a 240GB SSD so I decided to do a fresh install on my new hard drive. Now, I'm having a strange issue with my Graphics Card GTX 460. I can only get my OSX to start up with this Video Card if I set my bios on my Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 motherboard to have the onboard video card as my primary device. With this set in this manner I can not see any of the boot information and my monitor will only turn when the machine reaches the log in screen. If I set the bios to PCI than I see the boot up screen but when it goes past the Chimera boot screen the monitor shuts off, sometimes the monitor never turns on as well. I'm very confused on how to correct this. Any help? Thanks in Advance.

I'm currently experiencing something similar on a build that has worked for quite some time.

I can't get it to boot with the 780 Ti, but it allows me to switch the cable round and it works fine.

I've tried reinstalling chimera and all my settings but can't get it to do nothing at the moment, no idea whats going on :(

Infact having tried your setup, I'm having exactly the same issue.

if anyone can help or offer some advice fire away!

so far I have completely reinstalled chimera etc via multi beast,
reset the bios,
tried with nv_disable=1, PCIRootUID=1/0, GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes

Can anyone help? Really struggling with this
I recently was struggling with a nvidia card getting it to work in mavericks and well after some time I took a hdd out of a working system and put it in the not that wasn't working and everything begin to work and when I put the hdd from the non working system in the working system it wouldn't work long story short I had to do a complete reformat and fresh clean install to get it fixed I had to save all the user files and applications first then proceeded with the fresh install once I did that it worked great

I was using a Mountain Lion install, but I will give it a go and see if reformatting and installing the OS will help.

Also, I don't think it would work off the USB stick. When I am setting up my machine I use the onboard video card from my Gigabyte because my Nvidia card will not work until I install the proper Kexts for it. So that could be an issue.

My 760 did but I know that the 780 ti still doesn't have native support, maybe 10.9.3 will give native support for that. But the thing is it still worked before and nothing was changed. I just don't know what's wrong :-S

maybe the update will help fix it as it doesn't look like that's far away and if that doesn't work them al wait and fresh install at 10.10 as that's probably not going to be that far away either

I'm having the exact same issue with my GTX 780 and Mavericks 10.9.2 (I believe it's .2).
Originally I was using a SATA 500 GB to quickly test OSX Mavericks compatibility with my hardware out. Once I had everything setup, it worked great.
I had used the Unibeast/Multibeast method.
Initially was not able to boot up using my 780 until I installed latest nvida driver update at the time (I believe it was the .f revision). Finally I was booting with the 780 as my primary everything looked good.
After adding a new drive, fresh format and install I now have a 120GB SSD for system and 1TB data drive.
Once I had everything setup (multibeast) and I installed and updated to the current Nvidia driver update I tried booting with the 780 as primary and it hangs. :banghead:
Both setups were run identically, the only things that changed were the drives.
It's had me stumped for a couple of weeks and my attempts at fixing it have become annoying failures. I'd like to get it fixed before I move on to dual booting Windows for gaming.
I'll try messing with it again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back