Hi !

I'd like yo have your opinion about my project :

Antec 25 ISK 110
GIGABYTE H87N-WIFI
SSD Samsung 840 Series 120GB
Intel Core i3-4330 + Noctua NH-L9i
Ram Corsair 8Go DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance pro series

What do you think about it ?

The only thing that I have to choose now is the screen. could you tell me if it will be working through DVI or through hdmi output ? or both ?

I hesitate between 2 screens . The first (AOC i2369V) has only 2 output : dvi + VGA and the second (AOC i2369Vm) has 2xhdmi + display port + VGA but no DVI.

I'd like to know if with this motherboard I can have network as well with ethernet or

I can take the second without any hesitation if I'm sure that all is OK with hdmi, without DVI, because the second is actually cheaper than the other one !

Thank you for your advices

J3CAM

Hi,

Your setup will definitely work. I have recently built something very similar:

GA-H87N-Wifi / i5-4440 / Noctua NH-L9i / 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP / Kingston V300 SSD.

Both DVI and HDMI work on this motherboad but waking-up from sleep results in a blank screen with HDMI (check the thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-sleep-no-hdmi-video-issues-2.html#post703397).

Note that VGA (through a DVI-I adapter) does not work with OSX, it works with windows.
With the DVI output eveything's Ok, so IMHO you'd better get a screen with DVI.

Your setup with the i3-4330 will be even better than mine (thermally speaking) since the Noctua NH-L9i will handle it better. It's a nice quiet and compact cooler.

All the best for your new build,

Christian

Note that VGA (through a DVI-I adapter) does not work with OSX, it works with windows.
With the DVI output eveything's Ok, so IMHO you'd better get a screen with DVI.

Sorry for the intrusion, I have a question, do you know if DVI-HDMI adapter could work?
(DVI attached to the motherboard and HDMI attached to a screen, specifically to a monitor-tv that hasn't a DVI I/O)

I, too, am interested to know how you guys went running the customac mini in the Antec case with the 90W power pack. I saw a guy on here who managed to run an i7 in it, but others running the same build but with the K version chip had power issues - despite both supposedly having the same TDP(?!). Obviously the i3 has a much lower TDP, so there's a bit more wiggle room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back