2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I keep reading news about HD prices going up due to Thailand flooding. So I checked....
A hard drive I bought for $57 (1TB, 7200rpm) is now selling for $140 ???? WTH!

This is just price-gouging.-- that or the coming Holidays is lifting everyone's spirit and prices up!

There was a 1tb Hitachi Deskstar 7200rpm Sata2 drive for $74. Needless to say, it was sold out in a day. I made the mistake of returning the same one that I had bought for $60. Could've made a handsome profit!

I've noticed this as well, and it's ridiculous. I can understand a price increase, but to double prices is just crazy. It seems ram prices went down and HDD's went up. I really hope the prices come back to to realistic prices. There's no way I'll buy another hard drive while the prices are this high. :crazy:

Me neither and I was trying to skimp for a 250GB on eBay for below 20 just before the floods now they go for 40+. I should have not been so cheap and stingy and could have my back up drives all now. Now a whole yr to wait for prices to come down. :thumbdown:

WD20EARX

Before: $89 AU
After: $189 AU

I have about 10 x 500GB Hitachi Server Quality SATA II 7200rpm drives, perhaps I should sell those :D

I been making a killing on HD, i bought a huge batch of various model mid July when they was dirt cheap. I think i have sold nearly every one i bought for 30 $ more.

Now im at the point where i need to buy more, but gonna wait

This is due to the floods in Thailand where most of the hard drives are made - so they say. If you can, wait. But my guess is they will never be as cheap again as they were. It's like oil. Ones the greed takes over....the sky's the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back