Contribute
Register

halld84's Build: 10.8 - i7 3770k - GA-Z77X-UD5H - HiS Radeon 6870 - 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your MB revision?

btw can't get my hack to sleep :( Monitor goes off but system is still running.

As far as I know there haven't been any revisions yet, I'm on rev 1.0.
I've been using a few different bios versions to try and investigate the lost USB during sleep issue.

The latest official bios is f8, but there are f9 and f10 beta versions floating around.

I've figured out how to get sleep working (my stupid mistake – nullcpuPM).
Should I use generate p/c state option in ChameleonWizard?

I wanted to ask if you experienced any problems with your monitor? Did your monitor have any dead pixels? Also could you recommend a seller? Thanks.

I wanted to ask if you experienced any problems with your monitor? Did your monitor have any dead pixels? Also could you recommend a seller? Thanks.

I didn't experience any issues at all, but I did buy a "Perfect Pixel" listing. Mine was from red-cap, but I can't really give a recommendation based on the 1 purchase. If you google for the model you're looking at (eg Achieva ShiMian) + owners club you'll get a huge thread with people's experiences with different sellers.

I do absolutely love having this resolution. I hate going into the office now :(

btw what is the temperature of your processor at full load (cinebench or similar test)?
Because my is probably overheating – I've bought the same setup as you (3770k/noctua dh14) and on the stock turbo mode I got 77-79 C.

I've been doing some tweaking and stress testing in Windows.

I'm not loving the temps, but many people are saying that it's normal and completely safe with Ivy Bridge.

Gigabyte is working on Bios updates, and there are some betas floating around.
The one thing I've noticed is that auto bios settings are giving me pretty high temps. The board seems to be a bit generous with vCore. I set mine to "Normal" and assigned -.070 as the offset. I also lowered PLL to 1.65, and I set Vcore Load Line Callibration 'LLC' to low.

One odd thing I noticed... I was considering getting Indigo xtreme to use in place of Noctua paste, but in order to install it you have to run without fans in order to "reflow". I ran intel burn test with my fans unplugged and only get a 5c difference on the max core temp! This thing is big enough that it almost cools passively.

Just getting this response up for now. I'll edit with some snaps from bios screens soon.

Finally got around to some pictures. Cable management is meh, but the side panel closes without resistance, so good enough for me. Also some bios shots of my OC, and Snaps of temps running IBT.

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

Using Turbo Boost OC 4.2 All cores.

IMG_0101.JPG

My Board doesn't seem to be the best at determining auto vCore... Normal w -.080 sheesh.
CPU PLL also lowered from 1.8 to 1.65

IMG_0102.JPG

Load Line Calibration on Low to prevent vDroop from crashing at full load

Temps
IMG_0107.JPG

Load

IMG_0110.JPG

Idle - Note how low vCore drops @ idle. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back