Contribute
Register

Hackintosh won't boot (stuck at unmount...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And press F12, or what ever you need to push to select your start up disk, at the BIOS screen to select the USB as the boot drive.

All right. I reconnected SSD (the internal drive with Mac OS), rebooted holding down F12 and chose the UEFI OS drive:

IMG_5168.jpg

That got me into Clover:

IMG_5169.jpg

Then I selected the SSD in Clover, and added -v boot flag again. It's now stopped at a similar place to where it stopped before. The final few lines are:

hfs: mounted USB on device disk1s2
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 3685
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1103
hfs: unmount initiated on Recovery HD on device disk0s3

IMG_5170.jpg

All right. I reconnected SSD (the internal drive with Mac OS), rebooted holding down F12 and chose the UEFI OS drive:

View attachment 208046

That got me into Clover:

View attachment 208047

Then I selected the SSD in Clover, and added -v boot flag again. It's now stopped at a similar place to where it stopped before. The final few lines are:

hfs: mounted USB on device disk1s2
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 3685
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1103
hfs: unmount initiated on Recovery HD on device disk0s3

View attachment 208048
u need to boot from your usb installer like you did before (that time you unplugged all your drives)

u need to boot from your usb installer like you did before (that time you unplugged all your drives)

Ok, I tried again, but instead of booting from SSD I booted from USB... and I got this strange screen again:

IMG_5171.jpg

It's the same one I was getting before (see first post in this thread).

Ok, I tried again, but instead of booting from SSD I booted from USB... and I got this strange screen again:

View attachment 208049

It's the same one I was getting before (see first post in this thread).

Okay. This is the only idea I have until you get to your config file. Go into clover boot options. Then Graphics Injector. Make sure inject Intel is checked and if it is checked try deleting the id for now. Not very confident this well help but something to try.

Okay. This is the only idea I have until you get to your config file. Go into clover boot options. Then Graphics Injector. Make sure inject Intel is checked and if it is checked try deleting the id for now. Not very confident this well help but something to try.

I tried again and went to Clover Boot Options. There is nothing like Graphics Injector on that screen:

IMG_5172.jpg

the other options like in your first post, the first image you put up

Well, I think that may actually have worked! I went to the Options screen; InjectIntel was already checked, but I deleted the 0x00000000 part:

IMG_5173.jpg

Then I rebooted a bunch of times and it kept not working, and eventually I told it to boot from my SSD, and it worked! Thank you!

Now, what should I do with my config.plist?

Well, I think that may actually have worked! I went to the Options screen; InjectIntel was already checked, but I deleted the 0x00000000 part:

View attachment 208052

Then I rebooted a bunch of times and it kept not working, and eventually I told it to boot from my SSD, and it worked! Thank you!

Now, what should I do with my config.plist?

You're welcome, glad you got it working. Did you follow a guide to get it working originally? I would go back to that guide and compare the config files so that you can get it back.

You're welcome, glad you got it working. Did you follow a guide to get it working originally? I would go back to that guide and compare the config files so that you can get it back.

I have no idea what I did in the first place (and I suspect that I messed it up by not following a guide, or half-following several guides).

I'm using a script called EFI Mounter v3 to launch my EFI volume, and it tells me: "Multiple EFI partitions found..." Is that normal? Shouldn't I have an EFI volume on only one drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back