Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I started up my Hackintosh today and it was all running fine till after the apple logo comes up, it takes ages to load up the desktop (with a couple of beach balls while its doing it), when it eventually gets to the desktop it is very slow to react, like if you clicked on the apple button at the top it can take 30-60secs to pop up!

Here is my spec.....

3.5ghz Intel Core-i7 2700k
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz RAM
OS X Lion 10.7.3

I have installed Windows 7 on a separate hard drive and it runs fine with no problems.

Try to clean your install thoroughly with Onyx from my signature, maybe your caches or some other settings have gone bad (this can happen, frequently).

Let us know the results, please.

Maybe SSD Garbage collection problem?

When i first installed to an OCz Vertex 3, Lion would intermittently pause for 30secsnd with :beachball: not allowing anything to work, then OSX would catch up to itself.

Is it intermittent like above, or consistently slow?

SSD Aligned properly? Disk Utility doesnt align SSDs properly which can increase SSD wear by up to 3x.

My guess is it's your HD3000 video.

Well I've been running the SSD since December with no problems, literally only started happening tonight. I had it running for about an hour or so without any improvement....I tried restarting a few times without any change, I can access the SSD no problem through windows 7.

What would the problem with the HD3000 graphics be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back