Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Partition on existing HD with w7, HP G7-1173ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
breiti3000 said:
have you tried gparted? there is a tool on that site, that in combination with gparted can change the newly created partition to a MAC GUID.

Just about to try it, I am not sure what exactly the software is like, but I am hoping it's fairly straightforward once I boot it. I can simply select the partition and format to GUID, then try the install again ?

Also, I tried again and couldn't even get to the initial install screen. I got panic errors and something about "CPU3 caller failed" etc etc.

Should I be able to do this without booting into safe -x -z ?

Update:

Used GParted and formatted designated partition on internal HD as new primary partion- HFS.

Getting constant "must restart your computer" before OSX Installer runs.

Tried with cpus=1 busratio=18 Graphics Enabler=no -x -v flags

even tried maxmem=2048 and others. No change.

verbose boot ends in: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Any suggestions, getting a bit frustrated.

breiti3000 said:
Nope, sorry, got stuck with an older system at the same point: .../var/db/BootCache.playlist...

Looks like I am going to have to do a build :)
Thanks for all your help, I at least learned a lot before failing lol

did u successfully installed mac sl in the win partition by formatting it ??
will u plzz write down the step to do it??
i also have a same laptop ...
thank you..

I did not because I kept getting a kernal panic. There is no fix at the moment that I can find anywhere, as the HP BIOS is simply so locked down we can't tweak anything. I am updating my BIOS today and will try again, but I tried every boot flag there is and got nowhere.

I lie, I got OSX to install and then upon reboot got a Boot Error 0.

Getting OSX on the partition is easy. Create an unallocated partion through Windows Disc Management. Then (Thanks for the tip above) download GParted and click on your new unallocated space and format as HFS+.

Then run iboot and refresh with F5 once your retail OSX is in place.

I tried iboot and iboot legacy. DAMN KERNEL PANIC!

Good luck, if you get anywhere, please let me know.

breiti3000 said:
I think this could be a prob with the boot manager, try to find a way to reinstall chameleon!

Would you mind giving me a more detailed explanation of what I should do.

I spent three hours fixing my MBR and restoring my W7 lol, so I am now a bit gun shy.

The weird thing is the OSX installation went really smoothly with iboot legacy, but once it was installed it wouldn't open. I saw the grey screen for like one second and then reboot, and then BOOT ERROR 0 and it wouldn't do anything.

I'm not really totally sure what I am doing with iboot/chameleon, so I need some very dumbed down instructions as partitioning/linux is not my comfort zone.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back