Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Noob with Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it really easy? did you find a DSDT or something for it?

To be honest now that I've been through it I can say it's pretty easy, but in the beginning it was pure hell lol. And with the Z77 Extreme I didn't need to use a DSDT.

Did you have to edit any of the kext's and stuff? And were you able to get ethernet working on the M/b?

Did you have to edit any of the kext's and stuff? And were you able to get ethernet working on the M/b?

Didn't have to edit any of the Kexts to get them to work.. Multibeast has the audio kext for our board. And yes I was able to get ethernet working in all versions.

ah nice, that is very very nice, so i assume the hd4000 onboard graphics will work at 1920x1080 and dual screens?

EDIT : may i ask what country you are from? just curious! cheers

ah nice, that is very very nice, so i assume the hd4000 onboard graphics will work at 1920x1080 and dual screens?

EDIT : may i ask what country you are from? just curious! cheers

I don't know if the HD4000 can do dual displays or display at that resolution. I currently have mines connected to an 37 inch LCD running at 1344x756. I 'm from the states.

Do you think you could do a quick guide?

I've been trying to get ML working on my computer with similar specs to yours: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, i5 3570k, HD4000 (for now).

I can install ML without any problem, but I can't get the HD4000 to get detected. Every Multibeast setting I try usually causes a panic on the next reboot. I've tried EasyBeast and DSDT free installs with and without the audio kexts.

Did you encounter similar problems?

Thanks.
Trying it now without the LAN fix. I have a native wifi card, so I don't think I will need it.

Ok, so I did it exactly as you wrote in the other thread. I did it right after a fresh install of ML.
I got several errors and it won't boot after running Multibeast with your recommended settings and the DSDT. I attached a picture.
photo.JPG

Thanks for your help!
So it fixed the panic error, but now I am faced with something else entirely.

When I try to boot into ML, it shows the Apple logo while loading and then about a minute later, strange things start showing up on the screen and nothing ever loads.

I attached a picture. The "image" switches every half second or so. There seem to be three different "images" that rotate without end.

Anyone face something like this?

photo (1).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back