i7 2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello good people! :wave:

I want to build my brother a hackintosh hybrid for gaming. I'll be doing a dual boot setup on separate drives. An SSD for OS X and a 500GB HD for Windows. I'm trying very hard to keep this build in the range of 800-1000. I thinking of building a quad i5 ivy bridge with a beast Graphics Card. Do any of you guys have recommendations on currently built systems for this purpose? I was considering a mini customac but beefed up a little. Would a customac mini be sufficient for gaming when on Windows? I want it to have OS X for his work.

I've already built myself a hackintosh. The build is under my avatar.

Any input is appreciated. BTW, This is going to be a christmas gift. :D

Hello good people! :wave:

I want to build my brother a hackintosh hybrid for gaming. I'll be doing a dual boot setup on separate drives. An SSD for OS X and a 500GB HD for Windows. I'm trying very hard to keep this build in the range of 800-1000. I thinking of building a quad i5 ivy bridge with a beast Graphics Card. Do any of you guys have recommendations on currently built systems for this purpose? I was considering a mini customac but beefed up a little. Would a customac mini be sufficient for gaming when on Windows? I want it to have OS X for his work.

I've already built myself a hackintosh. The build is under my avatar.

Any input is appreciated. BTW, This is going to be a christmas gift. :D

Customac Mini Deluxe with the Core i5, 16Gb RAM and the GT 640 can be built for that price range on the high end. For $1200 you can up the gfx card to a GTX 660Ti - http://www.tonymacx86.com/248-building-customac-customac-mini-2012.html

Without the gfx card you are looking at ~$900 or so with taxes and shipping.

OK cool. Thanks for the input. I don't think he will really need the 16GB of RAM but then again, the more the better. What about a different CPU cooler? You think the stock with the i5 would be sufficient?

OK cool. Thanks for the input. I don't think he will really need the 16GB of RAM but then again, the more the better. What about a different CPU cooler? You think the stock with the i5 would be sufficient?

It would be sufficient as long as you don't overclock it to high. Might be a little noisy. You might try the new Noctua - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608029&Tpk=nh-l9i

Ha! How about that - hasn't been on the market for a month and they are already out of stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back