Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I built a Hackintosh a few years ago and it's been running quite flawlessly ever since.

Except, the other day, I attempted to team viewer into my computer remotely (I've never done it before) and when I connected, my desktop background turned blue. It didn't phase me, but when I disconnected and went home, my monitors were black and I could not share the screen using team viewer or regular screen sharing.

I took out the graphics card and plugged into the internal graphics on the motherboard, however, it froze on the white apple starting screen.

I am able to access the bios.

Any thoughts/ways to troubleshoot? I'm not sure what the problem is... I don't think my graphics card is being registered by the computer (broken?).

OS: Mountain Lion (not sure of the exact as I cannot boot the computer...)
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 600 Ti 2GB

Have you tried running a different operating system like windows 7 to verify that its not a hardware issue (defective graphics card). If it runs fine on windows then you can rule out the possibility of a hardware malfunction. When I first built my hackintosh I had to send back my first card (AMD card) and swap for an NVidia (gtx 460 SE).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back