Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Freezing for a Second then is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 580
Hey all, Managed to get Lion and 10.7.2 installed on my Hackintosh and everything is working great, Graphics on the GTX580, Sound on the ALC892A and Network on the Intel Ethernet on board.

However, Every now and then when im using OSX my machine will freeze for a second or so (Cursor included) and then will be ok. Sometimes im not even doing anything and im about to go and launch an application or load a Webpage up and BAM Freeze for 1 second and then ok again. It happened 5 times last night whilst I was just browsing the internet.

Any ideas on what might be causing it? I found some info about disabling Hot Swapping of my SATA Devices in the BIOS and also turning off the option in Energy Saver to stop Hard Drives being switched off as I have an SSD as my main Boot Drive. That didnt make any difference and it still does it. What else Could it be?

Sorry I cant be more specific but im literally just doing basic things and it will freeze for a second and then be ok afterwards and after 5/10 minutes of use it will do it again.

Specs
ASUS P8Z68 -V Motherboard
Core i7 Overclocked to 4.5GHZ
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Nvidia GTX580
Corsair Series 3 120GB SSD

Geekbench score nearly 17000.

djdavedoc said:
Hey all, Managed to get Lion and 10.7.2 installed on my Hackintosh and everything is working great, Graphics on the GTX580, Sound on the ALC892A and Network on the Intel Ethernet on board.

However, Every now and then when im using OSX my machine will freeze for a second or so (Cursor included) and then will be ok. Sometimes im not even doing anything and im about to go and launch an application or load a Webpage up and BAM Freeze for 1 second and then ok again. It happened 5 times last night whilst I was just browsing the internet.

Any ideas on what might be causing it? I found some info about disabling Hot Swapping of my SATA Devices in the BIOS and also turning off the option in Energy Saver to stop Hard Drives being switched off as I have an SSD as my main Boot Drive. That didnt make any difference and it still does it. What else Could it be?

Sorry I cant be more specific but im literally just doing basic things and it will freeze for a second and then be ok afterwards and after 5/10 minutes of use it will do it again.

Specs
ASUS P8Z68 -V Motherboard
Core i7 Overclocked to 4.5GHZ
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Nvidia GTX580
Corsair Series 3 120GB SSD

Geekbench score nearly 17000.

my theory is the applegraphicspowermanagement.kext jumps in and changes the power state of your graphics card. You can enable verbose mode in .plist of this kext and check the system.log...

Cool how do I go about doing this? im a complete noob at this and most of my success has come by copying and pasting commands for Terminal or pasting Kext Files etc.

Hey all, im still having this issue with my GTX580 and Lion 10.7.2

Can anyone give me an extreme Noob friendly guide of fixing it if indeed there is a fix?

I'm using a gigabyte ga-z68xp-ud4, 2500k, and a gtx560 ti, and I have this same problem. Sometimes it freezes for up to 5 seconds while browsing the internet. I hope someone figures this out because I haven't got a clue. This is with Lion, btw.

I have this problem to.

fol1977 said:
DyuS said:
I have this problem to.

same problem...

the freeze problem (i can move the cursor but everything else is freezed and cannot do anything, live save o restart, i have to stop the machine with power button)

I have had the problem using FCP 7 on a hackintosh machine uscing snow leopard.

no solutions found by now on youtube or this forum.

same problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back