Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if its suggested to build a Hackintosh for Logic Pro X use.
I know that the program runs on Hackintosh PCs but i wanted to know the specifics.

I would really be greatful for some advise from someone that has a similar setup.

Im running: Native Instruments Maschine MK2 (USB)
Native Instruments Kontrol S49 (USB)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo (Thunderbolt)
2X Speakers (Connected to the Apollo)
1X Mic (Connected to the Apollo)

I wanted to buy a iMac 27 inch but since a decent one costs about 3000€ that is quite the expense for me :(

Im considering building a Hackintosh myself however there cant be any hardware problems since that is the only reason the Hackintosh would be build for.

I know that there might be graphics driver problems but i dont plan on updating them if everything works fine.

So does anyone here know if you run into problems with music hardware and Logic PX while using a Hackintosh?

Also what Hardware would you recommend?

I would want a beefy CPU,SSD,16GB+ of RAM.
The graphics card would not be that important something around 200-300€ should be fine.

I would really be thankful for some good advise.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Bump.

I am wondering about the same thing.
Are there any running issues known, crashreports etc or is a hackintosh pretty stable?

I am running pretty much the same setup as noted above;
- Mashine MK3 (USB)
- Midi-keys (USB)
- External HD (USB)
- External HD (USB-C)
- Apollo Twin (USB-C)

Also I´m pretty much an apple dude, haven´t had windows since windows 8.. However it´s too expensive to get a new mac when one can change parts in an open system long-term. I see there seems to be a few trouble with things like USB-C. How difficult is the transition from mac to hack, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back