Contribute
Register

Hackintosh and Pro Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very (very) new to Hackintosh'es, but I've heard that there's an "iLok2 in USB 3.0 ports"-issue. Also in "real" macs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosen't. Use an USB 2.0 HUB to force your USB 3.0 port to USB 2.0 and your iLok2 should be fine. Haven't tested it myself yet.

Could that be a source of the problems described here?

Take care...

Peter

I have my iLok 2 (and a couple other DRM keys) in it's own dedicated USB2.0 hub, but plugged into a USB3.0 port. No issues for me in my build. But YMMV...

Interesting, I recently built a dual boot Hackintosh specifically for running PT11 (on OSX side - Mavericks 10.9.1) and PT8 (Windows side - Win7 Ultimate). Have both PT11 and Melodyne license on my iLok2. When I launch PT11 and insert Melodyne as a plug-in on a track it can't find a valid license on the iLok2 when the Activate window pops up. Works fine on the Win7 side (I uninstalled PT8 and installed PT10, recognized it just fine). I currently have a ticket in with Celemony. Tried the Sync/Repair suggestion but not to a tee. Gonna try later tonight and follow their solution EXACTLY and see if that resolves my issue.

(Posting this in the case that this will help out another person) Figured out a year later that this was cause by me when I disabled the Ethernet LAN in my BOIS. Once I re-enabled Melodyne saw the licence on my iLok and worked in OSX. I also did a re-sync of my licenses in ilok's ilok license manager program. Those two things combined worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back