Contribute
Register

"Hack Pro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you just search for bluetooth compatibility then you can get a list. I have an IOGEAR GBU521 and if it works pretty much OOB.

go to the customac page, under resources and scroll down towards the bottom and you will find a bluetooth adapter that works. the biggest issue with most bluetooth adapters is they don't support wake from sleep and have problems reconnecting if you wake the machine up some other way. in addition I wanted to add a little about the dsdt on the new Gigabyte boards.

A dsdt (Differentiated system description table) is a file in the bios of a motherboard that allows the os to identify the location of the ports so it knows how to rout data. Apple has previously used different identifiers for some locations on a motherboard so a patched dsdt would be loaded on boot so that OS X could locate and send data to say your graphics card. easy beast applies a patched kernel making the dsdt patches unnecessary I think but don't quote me on that last bit. the new gigabyte boards (7 series) have the same identifiers as the bios on mac's so the patching isn't necessary on those boards. thats why you can use the dsdt option without a dsdt, because the stock one will work properly.

1) I do not have a Mac of my own or one that I can get access to so I was wondering how I would setup OSX Mountain Lion without being able to run Unibeast on my current Windows PC?...

The tonymacx86 Forum only supports the UniBeast method to install Lion or Mountain Lion. You need to create the UniBeast USB thumb drive on a hackintosh or Mac so you can access the Mac App Store (MAS) to purchase and download Mountain Lion. You can use a friend's Mac or hackintosh or
  • local school's Mac;
  • library's Mac;
  • college or university Mac.
To get Mountain Lion any other way is considered illegal which we do not tolerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back