Contribute
Register

Guide to Semi-Working Dell Inspiron 1525

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added those kexts, the ones from 10.6.2 that are 64 bit, into the zip but even with those launchpad is extremely slow. I don't know if that just me though.

I added those kexts, the ones from 10.6.2 that are 64 bit, into the zip but even with those launchpad is extremely slow. I don't know if that just me though.

any progress????

Not with the graphics but I have gotten the system updated to 10.8.2. Look at the latest update on the first post.

any progress?

so still no qe/ci enabled I guess
I m having same problem with my fujitsu s6410 10.8.2 ok but no good if you have not qe/ci
so still with 10.75 all working

I don't think we are ever going to get full qe/ci working on this laptop with anything past Lion. Macbooks that are newer than our laptop did not have native support for Mountain Lion because of this exact graphics problem and they had to through together a 'hackintosh' style fix to get in installed so naturally it is going to be even harder for us. I have tried to used the 64bit kexts for our card from a while ago but it's still not giving us full support. I think it may have something to do with not correctly running the new version of OpenGL. As far as this goes for a working OS, I have now switched to this as my full time operating system. Notification Center works without glitching, Flash works awesome on websites, Quicktime plays movies cleanly, and Mission control switches over fine, the only Graphics issue I have, which isn't even a qe/ci problem, is Launchpad. I have done some reading and I believe Apple, when reworking Launchpad from Lion to Mountain Lion, switched from OpenGL 4 to OpenGL 5 and that is where the problem lies. Launchpad should work even without qe/ci, sure the shake may not work or things like that but it should atleast pull up when you click on it. For me it takes about 30 seconds after I click on it for Launchpad to open and then almost impossible to click anything inside it. This isn't a big deal for me since I typically only use that apps on my Launcher and if I need to, I can open a different app from Applications. I'm pretty sure that someone could get everything working if the great developers of this site still had our laptop but they have all since upgrade to new hardware, something I hope to do soon also.

Can you please tell me how you got working these things "Notification Center works without glitching, Flash works awesome on websites, Quicktime plays movies cleanly, and Mission control switches over fine".I have used your kext but these problems are still there .

I want to run os x mountain lion on dell inspiron 1525, but also dual boot it with my current os: windows 8 Pro with media centre, could anyone give me an easy guide on how to do this and get it running smoothly?

Here is progress with real macbooks with x3100

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1550560

Claims to have 64 bits Graphics support with QE/CI in ML.

Uses a custom OpenGL.framework, extension and kernel from developer preview 1 (dont know if there are necesary).

Maybe someone can try the OpenGL.framework and post the results.

When I boot it up, the apple logo takes longer. is that normal? What boot flags do I need to put in? Please help. Respond fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back