Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

The PBI-CE installs patches for AppleUSBXHCI for non-Intel USB3. It works on 10.10x, but not 10.11. GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not used on 10.10.
OK.

Make sure Clover is latest.
Not latest. Is it safe to upgrade?

Make sure you have the latest IntelBacklight.kext installed.
Before I replaced config.plist I tried latest version from your BitBucket. It didn't help booting issue. Actually, it didn't work at all until I did the manual config.plist replacement.

But now it works very well.

Try to determine what was wrong with the config.plist generated by PBI.
Many things, I suppose. Hard for me to tell seeing as it didn't produce any useful debug output. I'd say graphics were unable to start, probably. I can attach both configs (working replacement and a backup) if it would be useful for you and if you are interested, as soon as I get back to OS X.

Please note that the config.plist you mention is not intended for final install. It is missing important patches.
It does? Was around 2x bigger than the one generated by PBI. If only every time it was so "bad". I need to hit some problem first to start digging up relevant config sections and comparing them in both files, depending on what fails.

Not latest. Is it safe to upgrade?

I'm using the latest.

Many things, I suppose. Hard for me to tell seeing as it didn't produce any useful debug output. I'd say graphics were unable to start, probably. I can attach both configs (working replacement and a backup) if it would be useful for you and if you are interested, as soon as I get back to OS X.

Trial/error and process of elimination is the only way.

It does? Was around 2x bigger than the one generated by PBI. If only every time it was so "bad". I need to hit some problem first to start digging up relevant config sections and comparing them in both files, depending on what fails.

Many patches included but disabled...

I got here from a link in the PBI Clover Edition thread. PBI now has support for the 8x70w family with Nvidia laptops.

I don't see these laptops listed here, Can I still use clover to install Yosemite or Mavericks on a 8570w with Core i7 Ivy and no Intel Graphics?
AND then run PBI?

The first boot was unsuccesfull it seemed to hang a waiting for DSMOS.... but then 15 minutes later it went on to stop again. Is it supposed to take that long or should I use other USB stick or port?

On the clover screen I saw the Nvidia HP K1000M listed under options Graphicss.

I got here from a link in the PBI Clover Edition thread. PBI now has support for the 8x70w family with Nvidia laptops.

I don't see these laptops listed here, Can I still use clover to install Yosemite or Mavericks on a 8570w with Core i7 Ivy and no Intel Graphics?
AND then run PBI?

The first boot was unsuccesfull it seemed to hang a waiting for DSMOS.... but then 15 minutes later it went on to stop again. Is it supposed to take that long or should I use other USB stick or port?

On the clover screen I saw the Nvidia HP K1000M listed under options Graphicss.

Support is listed as experimental for certain discrete-only equipped laptops: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

Thanks, the laptop booted into the El Capitan installer this time. I created 2 partitions on the harddisk and opted to continue installation of EC. It showed me a progress bar showing 11 minutes remaining at the start and it is now at "about 1 second remaining" for 10 minutes. During the installation I saw no flashing disk access lights. How long does it usually take to install EC?
e

I let the Installation finish and rebooted, pressed F4 on the Clover screen but only saw the install El Capitan option. EC wasn't installed on HD eventhough the installer finished. I restarted the installer from USB and this time checked if anything was written to the harddisk en saw a usage of 200 MB. I then erased the harddisk and repartitioned it. I then continued installation, choose the newly created Mac OSX partition for installation and the progress bar showed 17 minutes rmaining. I also saw the disk light flashing. I hope all goes well this time.

El Capitan installed ok so it seemed. I even ran Geekbench and Cinebench. Then I downloaded and installed PBI CE with the options as listed in the linked thread. Unfortunately it errored with some .......HW.kext incompatible error and installation failed error. The laptop now boots without USB stick to clover and after a few seconds starts MacOSX from harddisk showing a black screen with white Apple symbol and a progress bar. But this ends in a black screen. Is there a way to solve this with a bootflag in the options menu?

Thanks, the laptop booted into the El Capitan installer this time. I created 2 partitions on the harddisk and opted to continue installation of EC. It showed me a progress bar showing 11 minutes remaining at the start and it is now at "about 1 second remaining" for 10 minutes. During the installation I saw no flashing disk access lights. How long does it usually take to install EC?
e

I let the Installation finish and rebooted, pressed F4 on the Clover screen but only saw the install El Capitan option. EC wasn't installed on HD eventhough the installer finished. I restarted the installer from USB and this time checked if anything was written to the harddisk en saw a usage of 200 MB. I then erased the harddisk and repartitioned it. I then continued installation, choose the newly created Mac OSX partition for installation and the progress bar showed 17 minutes rmaining. I also saw the disk light flashing. I hope all goes well this time.

All of the above is normal and well covered in the guide.

El Capitan installed ok so it seemed. I even ran Geekbench and Cinebench. Then I downloaded and installed PBI CE with the options as listed in the linked thread. Unfortunately it errored with some .......HW.kext incompatible error and installation failed error. The laptop now boots without USB stick to clover and after a few seconds starts MacOSX from harddisk showing a black screen with white Apple symbol and a progress bar. But this ends in a black screen. Is there a way to solve this with a bootflag in the options menu?

Make sure you made the correct selections in PBI-CE.

All of the above is normal and well covered in the guide.

Make sure you made the correct selections in PBI-CE.

Is there a way to get back to the state before I ran PBI-CE.

As far as I can see I made the right selections for the 8570w with Nvidia grahics.

Is there a way to get back to the state before I ran PBI-CE.

Not really.

As far as I can see I made the right selections for the 8570w with Nvidia grahics.

You should double check by looking at your config.plist.

I reinstalled El Capitan without repartitioning the hard disk. I followed the guide in the OP without problems this time and finished Phase 1 and Phase 2 and booted straight to the desktop this time after pressing F4 on the clover screen. I found all files from the previous failed install on the desktop including Installer Backups and Troubleshooting Files. Can you please have a look at them to see what possibly went wrong?

At the moment the laptop is in a reasonable, bootable state. Sleep is working. I am connected through wired LAN. I don't have a supported Wi-Fi card yet, it is an Intel N6300. Graphics are working. All USB ports work.Cinebench 15 ran with decent performance as did Geekbench. I have no sound however and gestures and tapping on the trackpad are not working.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2016-01-05 05-01.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
Back