Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ProBook 4340s: Ivy-Bridge i3-3110M | C4Y15EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Again Craigrox!

Maybe you can add the Wifi Card AR9280 in you Guide! You allready know that i have the exact same Laptop
like yours (C4Y15EA) and i also quoted it that i use the 9280 without any problems...
So for those user who dont want to read these thread it would be helpful... ;)

cheers adam

Do you think AR9280 will fit and works well on my 4340s instead of recommended AR9287 guys.I dont need bluetooth so i can buy a dongle later.I'm not sure about Ar9280 so i didnt buy it yet :p
here's link to what i wanna buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160510168523

The AR9280 works natively with OS X so you won't need any DSDT edits or kext patches, i've linked to this before but I will add it to the front page of my guide so it's clearly displayed for all. But this link shows all the WiFi cards that are compatible with OS X that work in our laptops https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...T045WkFrbm56N0JfQVdiSU5jdHc&hl=ru&output=html

Hello Again Craigrox!

Maybe you can add the Wifi Card AR9280 in you Guide! You allready know that i have the exact same Laptop
like yours (C4Y15EA) and i also quoted it that i use the 9280 without any problems...
So for those user who dont want to read these thread it would be helpful... ;)

cheers adam

Hey, yeah as I've just mentioned I will link to the spreadsheet or rather create my own so it's easier to read, i.e. not in russian lol so users can clearly see what cards can be easily installed for working WiFi - so good idea! :thumbup:
EDIT: sorry, it's polish*

Craigrox: Thanks so much for your great guide,without it i can never install hackintosh on my laptop so easily like that.:clap::thumbup:

FRESH INSTALL - 10.8.4 Does not work - after restart, from osx installing to disk, I read both this guide and the one at RM sticky for 4x40s info, i've tried all the switches and still cannot reach the setup user screen, just get a blank black screen after everything loaded (while using -v -x and etc switches.)

bios is f40, i get the occasional cmos warning after rebooting the osx chimera, but it doesnt come up when using windows.

i've set the bios options as rm and other 4x40s users tried, still no desktop.

image below is using craigrox's switches as suggested in guide.

View attachment 58820

edit. i'll guess its something to do with unibeast and 10.8.4 install app, and wait for the updated unibeast.

Guide has been updated for 10.8.4 and ProBook Installer v6.1 beta 14 :thumbup:

Secondly, appleiscool have you got anywhere with your installation?

using the sandisk extreme ssd's i got no where with os x. putting back the good old non ssd, its work in progress, setting up a multiboot system. waiting for windows update to finish (its unbelievable a fresh w7/w8, and it re downloads litereally a dvd worth of data for its updates).

as i posted here #886 and quoted below

i've setup a multi boot system using your guide on your blog, and forgot about adding an extra 'mac' partition as a test. System using only one hdd/ssd.

for the mac test partition, what is the absolute minimum space required for os x 10.8.4?

on the above said system, is it possible to create that extra mac test partition without messing things up, and probably not being able to boot?

or is it required to start from scratch? thanks

also, can someone point me to the post with the updated list of wifi/bluetooth cards for 4x40s please, or can i get the same card for the 4x30s and use that in the 4x40s. thanks.

have you tried a fresh install of 10.8.4 on your pro book?

using the sandisk extreme ssd's i got no where with os x. putting back the good old non ssd, its work in progress, setting up a multiboot system. waiting for windows update to finish (its unbelievable a fresh w7/w8, and it re downloads litereally a dvd worth of data for its updates).

have you tried a fresh install of 10.8.4 on your pro book?

Windows does give an insane amount of updates for it's items!

Not fresh, I did 10.8 -> 10.8.2 and today updated from that to 10.8.4

I would add:
Optional hardware-specific fixes -> EDID generator
Misc OS X fixes -> Sleep fix ->Sleep image fix (if you are using SSD)
Extra Tools -> Trim enabler (if you are using SSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back