Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I

i meant in Linux Environment Cuz i don't have a mac

ACPI patching is done after installing.

You need a Mac to download OS X (it is only available from the Mac App Store).

ACPI patching is done after installing.

You need a Mac to download OS X (it is only available from the Mac App Store).
Oh, yeah, I heard that. Thank you. I was writing the message when I was thinking that maybe dsdt could help me get to the installer

Oh, yeah, I heard that. Thank you. I was writing the message when I was thinking that maybe dsdt could help me get to the installer

Even so, extract ACPI with Clover F4, then bring the files to a working Mac/hack to patch.

Installed Sierra successfully on Asus G751JY and starting to look at what needs to be done for long term usage.
If I understand post #1 correctly, extract ACPI original files with F4 at Clover boot screen (done), copy to folder (Documents), run the scripts to get iasl installed and convert .aml files to .dsl.
Question - if the *x.aml files are not to be used/patched should they be included in the disassembly/reassembly process?
Also, I am not totally clear on the reassembly process.

I took a shot at it with your scripts and the latest Maciasl on Source forge and there were only 2 files requiring patches: the DSDT had the _T_ problem and SSDT1.dsl had Unexpected error PARSEOP_PACKAGE which seemed to consist of a whole series of 16 instances of
Code:
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }
do I just delete these lines?
and 1 instance of PARSEOP_ARG0 in Method (ADBG, 1, Serialized) - do I just delete the bare Arg0 line?

Is there a definitive list of those cosmetic edits like changing USB0 to EHC1 in the old Legacy BIOS DSDTs?

Attached is the config.plist I used to install and the original ACPI files + an ioreg before I do anything. I have installed Clover 3602 to the SSD, but I am still booting with the VoodooPS2 and FakeSMC and RTL8111 in EFI/Clover/kexts and have not installed any kexts to the SSD yet.

Attachments

• G751JY-originals.zip
    906.5 KB · Views: 59
Question - if the *x.aml files are not to be used/patched should they be included in the disassembly/reassembly process?

Sometimes they can help resolve unresolved symbols. But since they are loaded dynamically with the Load opcode, they should not be included in the static set that is placed in ACPI/patched.

Also, I am not totally clear on the reassembly process.

All non-dynamic SSDT*.aml to ACPI/patched (and, of course, DSDT.aml).

I took a shot at it with your scripts and the latest Maciasl on Source forge and there were only 2 files requiring patches: the DSDT had the _T_ problem

No need to patch for that -- they are warnings, not errors.

and SSDT1.dsl had Unexpected error PARSEOP_PACKAGE which seemed to consist of a whole series of 16 instances of

Apply "Remove _PSS placeholders".

and 1 instance of PARSEOP_ARG0 in Method (ADBG, 1, Serialized) - do I just delete the bare Arg0 line?

Apply "Fix ADBG Error". But if you had used refs.txt as per post #1, that particular error would not be present.

Is there a definitive list of those cosmetic edits like changing USB0 to EHC1 in the old Legacy BIOS DSDTs?

I don't have any definitive list, but of course EHC1 as an ACPI name choice for EHCI#1 is a bad one (I use EH01 to avoid conflicts with port injectors native to Apple products).

I tend to avoid cosmetic edits.

Hello.
When I disassamble DSDT/SSDT files, and compiling dsl file I have no error, but in same aml file I have errors.
I try to copy from dsl file and past in aml file, at that time no errors, but after reopening aml file, it's again show errors

Last edited:
Hello.
When I disassamble DSDT/SSDT files, and compiling dsl file I have no error, but in same aml file I have errors.
I try to copy from dsl file and past in aml file, at that time no errors, but after reopening aml file, it's again show errors

You should read post #1 carefully...

RehabMan;950097 said:
Let me state it quite simply (because this comes up a lot): If you are opening an AML file directly in MaciASL and clicking Compile, you are doing it WRONG. Let that soak into the gray matter between your ears for a minute.

Also, it seems like you're not using the tools in post #1 (eg. not using ACPI 6.1).

From your readme.md for patchmatic:

### How to Install:
This is a command line binary, so you can run it directly or copy to your /usr/local/bin:

cp patchmatic /usr/local/bin/patchmatic

This does not work - I get an error:

cp: patchmatic: No such file or directory

if I cd to the folder containing the patchmatic folder and try it again I get:

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 6.01.29 PM.png

What am I doing wrong?

Can you explain a bit more on how to run that "make install" for the MaciASL.app?

What am I doing wrong?

You downloaded the wrong thing. Read the README so you know where to download pre-built binaries (bitbucket link provided in README on github).

Don't forget copying to /usr/bin requries super-user access and SIP disabled.

Can you explain a bit more on how to run that "make install" for the MaciASL.app?

That is assuming you are building it yourself (eg. xcode installed, configured to place build products relative to the project, etc). At that point, you're a developer, and if you're curious what 'make install' does, you should be able to read the code in 'makefile'.

I assume you don't want to build it yourself and instead want to download the prebuilt from bitbucket... in which case, read the README so you know where to download it from.

My laptop is hp 15
Core i5 5200u
intel hd 5500
nvidia 820m
realtek alc282
elcappitan 11.5

the error code

Method (_L0F, 0, NotSerialized) // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE
{
Store (0x0F, P80H)
MBGS ("L0F event")
Store (\_SB.RGPI (0x0F), Local0)