the RULES!
Graphics
so IGNORE me!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello to the community...
I was trying to get my Intel 82801HB/IB ICH8/ICH9 - SATA RAID Controller (2822:8086) to work with Snow Leopard..
Since i couldn't find a way to inject it from DSDT (im not good at this) i found
an easy way to do this with AHCIPortInjector.kext.(from Extra/Extensions)
Now i can keep my raid 0 for my Windows and use a non Raid disk for Leopard..
Under my system profiler i can see all my 4 Disks. 2 in raid 0 mode and 2 non raid..
My SATA mode is obviously set to RAID in my bios..

All i did was to edit this part:

<key>ICH9RAID</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>P67 RAID</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleAHCI</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x28228086</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>2000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>Vendor Name</key>
<string>Intel</string>

Good luck to all of you and have fun..

Attachments

• AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 397
This is working for Lion too :) i just installed it, you only need to edit the AppleAHCIPort.kext with these lines, you then reboot, change sata mode to raid, and it's over ^^

But now, at every boot i'm getting 2 errors, for both my raid disk beeing unreadable.... did you achieve to avoid such errors ?

No m8 i haven't tried Lion yet i'm testing some linux stuff atm and i kinda gave up on hackintosh..If u are not currently using an injector like (AHCIPortInjector.kext) maybe u need one...If your hackintosh can't read your windows raid disks then its normal same thing happens to me too..i can see them in disk util tho.

Hey man, thanks for posting this. I want to try this on my Z68 board and I'm wondering how you found out what kind of SATA controller you have. For example, in your case: Intel 82801HB/IB ICH8/ICH9 - SATA RAID Controller (2822:8086). Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I've figured it out. :)

Thanks for the kext. Works great on asus sabertooth p67. Snow leopard 10.6.8. Got setup just how I want it. Windows in Raid 5. Mac AHCI. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back