Contribute
Register

[Guide] [OpenCore] Dell Inspiron 17 5767 (i7-7500u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to hear this:clap:
Regarding trackpad what issues have you faced?
On boot there were errors from voodooi2c but I couldn't read them. After the system booted the trackpad didn't respond. It happened a few times randomly, but the last couple of boots I didn't have this problem.

On boot there were errors from voodooi2c but I couldn't read them. After the system booted the trackpad didn't respond. It happened a few times randomly, but the last couple of boots I didn't have this problem.
Hmmm.... Will debug and upload a fix if I can

Also, the keyboard doesn't work after restart, only after shutdown and manual power up but I can live with that. The jack installer isn't working for me. I installed the driver with the install.sh script, I placed the kext into the kexts folder but nothing happens when I plug in a headphone.

Also, the keyboard doesn't work after restart, only after shutdown and manual power up but I can live with that. The jack installer isn't working for me. I installed the driver with the install.sh script, I placed the kext into the kexts folder but nothing happens when I plug in a headphone.
Yes I have noticed the same problem about keyboard and if you put your laptop to sleep and then wake it up keyboard should work. I notice this problem every time I make an edit to installed kexts or rebuild kextcache so I think it is a voodoops2 problem. Regarding audio jack have you added kext in config.plist also have you rebooted after run install.sh script?

Yes I have noticed the same problem about keyboard and if you put your laptop to sleep and then wake it up keyboard should work. I notice this problem every time I make an edit to installed kexts or rebuild kextcache so I think it is a voodoops2 problem. Regarding audio jack have you added kext in config.plist also have you rebooted after run install.sh script?
Yes, I rebooted after install.sh. I followed your guide and it didn't say add the kext to config.plist so I didn't to it but when I tried to the system crashed on boot.

Yes, I rebooted after install.sh. I followed your guide and it didn't say add the kext to config.plist so I didn't to it but when I tried to the system crashed on boot.
That's strange my laptop didn't face panic after installing it

That's strange my laptop didn't face panic after installing it
I added it to config.plist again and this time it worked! I must have made a typo the first time that caused the kernel panic. Now the audio jack works fine as output but when I connect a headset with mic the input doesn't switch to the headset, I can only use the internal mic. I personally rarely use it so I won't bother trying to fix it.

And I'd like to make a small suggestion. In post installation you linked a guide for disabling the CFG Lock. That guide assumes you have the system BIOS file in .bin format but the Dell BIOS firmwares only come in .exe and need to be extracted. I found a few methods to do it, most of them can only be done from a 5767 in Windows, so that should be done before installing macOS. I found this python script that works in macOS too, I think you could link it at the CFG Lock disabling step. Maybe I'm just bad at googleing but it took me a few hours to find it, I think it could help others. Thanks!

I have a Dell Inspiron 7560.

Dell Inspiron 15 7560 specifications
  • Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7500u (7th gen) / 2.7 Ghz
  • RAM: 8 GB / DDR4 SDRAM
  • Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
  • Primary GPU: Intel HD 620
  • Secondary GPU: nVIDIA 940MX / 4 GB / GDDR5 SDRAM
  • Audio codec: Realtek ALC3246 (ALC256)
  • Wireless - Bluetooth: Intel Dual Band AC3165

The configuration of which is pretty similar to your build apart from the AMD graphics card on your machine and nVIDIA card on mine. Both of which are useless when it comes to Hackintosh.

I'm pretty new to hackintosh and wanted to make my first hackintosh.
I wanted to know if I can just use your GitHub repo as it is?
Did you use the full install from gibMacOS instead of the usual recovery install file?

Any expert comments/suggestions needed to be followed before the install shall be highly valuable since this shall be my first hac :)

P.S. I do not want to brick my laptop and plan to have it in dual boot config (Hackintosh + Windows 10)

Good news guys! I have updated the installation guide on my GitHub repository to install BigSur 11.2.3. Hope you'll enjoy it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back