Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Hi Guys sorry but I really don't know anything about Hackintosh... I have been reading these guides for days and I am still very confused :)

Can anyone help me understand the very first steps? I own a Dell Inspiron 2-1 7568 with i7 6500u (skylake)
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
with Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I replaced the HDD with an SSD SanDisk 960Gb.

Right now I have my laptop with windows 10 and I managed to have a .app el Capitan... I have a 3 or 4 different USB to use if needed...
This is wrong forum and guide for a laptop. For laptop help post in the Laptop forum and follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

This is wrong forum and guide for a laptop. For laptop help post in the Laptop forum and follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I wrote another question about that and about desktop installation

Ok so I can try another question here... hopefully!
I made a desktop MSI gaming 7 with i7 4790k and r9 280x 16 gb ram and ssd samsung 840pro.

I'm preparing an USB boot for EL Capitan.

My goal will be to install Max os, windows 7, and Linux.

Is it possible? Should I follow the same guide that I have to follow also if I want windows 7?
Please can you explain what is the difference between win7-win10 talking about partitioning or UEFI... sorry but i really need some help if anyone is so kind to help me contacting me I will be very happy :D
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I wrote another question about that and about desktop installation

Ok so I can try another question here... hopefully!
I made a desktop MSI gaming 7 with i7 4790k and r9 280x 16 gb ram and ssd samsung 840pro.

I'm preparing an USB boot for EL Capitan.

My goal will be to install Max os, windows 7, and Linux.

Is it possible? Should I follow the same guide that I have to follow also if I want windows 7?
Please can you explain what is the difference between win7-win10 talking about partitioning or UEFI... sorry but i really need some help if anyone is so kind to help me contacting me I will be very happy :D
Thanks in advance!
Win10 and Win7 install almost the same. Since you are probably using a DVD for the Win7, when you boot to install it hit the function key to select a boot device and select the DVD drive with the UEFI in front of it.

Otherwise, this guide will work for Win7/El Capitan/Linux as long as your Linux distort is capable of UEFI installation and booting.
Some of them are not capable of UEFI boot.

Win10 and Win7 install almost the same. Since you are probably using a DVD for the Win7, when you boot to install it hit the function key to select a boot device and select the DVD drive with the UEFI in front of it. Otherwise, this guide will work for Win7/El Capitan/Linux as long as your Linux distort is capable of UEFI installation and booting. Some of them are not capable of UEFI boot.
Hi going bald, thanks for the reply...:)
I have been studying all the day trying to figure out better about bootable USB UEFI...
  • Can you please confirm that I have to create 2 UEFI USB ( 1 for Linux and 1 for windows 7)?or the UEFI part it is something that I can do later after installed?
  • Do you think is possible to have a great unique USB pen with Easy2boot ( usually I used that system to have multiple iso of different OS like win7 or 8 or Linux or other... Did you ever try to have just one huge USB-pen for all the installations? (I think is a very good idea :) It is feasible to implement with your guide?
  • easy2boot has a secondary method to build a UEFI Bootable USB http://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/adding-uefi-images/ here is the link :) let me know if you want to amplify the great guide that you have done!
  • Am I talking about just stupid things because Clover will make our installation UEFI automatically? so we do not need to do the things I listed above?
Thanks for answering and thanks in advance for your replies :D and please if you want correct me where i am wrong so i can try to learn more about! Thanks

P.S. I do not have CD-dvd player... I can install only from USB, is that a problem? Should I follow some different path if I install from usb to make it UEFI? ( about win 7 )

P.S. I do not have CD-dvd player... I can install only from USB, is that a problem? Should I follow some different path if I install from usb to make it UEFI? ( about win 7 )
Whether DVD or USB does not matter as long as you can install UEFI mode on all OS's.

Whether DVD or USB does not matter as long as you can install UEFI mode on all OS's.
Thanks for your answers i did some step forward :D
Hello again I followed the guide step by step but probably something is missing in my case...
I have installed 3 OS first el capitan second win7 and than Linux Mint.
I used clover and clover configurator cause my audio is not working... I tried to inject and save... Everything done... But nothing
Plus I can have the clover bootloader only if the USB pen is on it...

When I look for UEFI OS X in my bios I can't find it.. can you try to help me please and sorry again to bother you
IMG_20160808_221055.jpg
  • Here you can see that i have ubuntu windows ubuntu instead of OSXELCapitan WIN7 LINUXMINT :( But in the following pictures you can see that i have all the partition ( working partition 1 for win 1 for lMint and 1 for OS X)
  • In the next picture there is also a picture of the output of diskutil list so probably you can tell me better if you think there is something wrong about that ;)
  • The output is this
    Code:
    Last login: Mon Aug  8 21:54:55 on console
    Williams-iMac:~ OS-X$ diskutil list
    /dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
       #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
       0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
       1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
       2:                  Apple_HFS El Capitan              80.0 GB    disk0s2
       3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
       4:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s4
       5:       Microsoft Basic Data                         133.1 GB   disk0s5
       6:           Linux Filesystem                         24.8 GB    disk0s6
       7:                 Linux Swap                         17.1 GB    disk0s7
  • I also will attach the picture showing all the clover refi installation that i tried... and the log of the last one :)
  • The last picture is about the EFI setup in the bios that is what appears when I launch it

IMG_20160808_223244.jpg IMG_20160808_223248.jpg IMG_20160808_223253.jpg Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 7.48.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.00.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.26.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.25.30 PM.pngIMG_20160809_014547.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers i did some step forward :D
Hello again I followed the guide step by step but probably something is missing in my case...
I have installed 3 OS first el capitan second win7 and than Linux Mint.
I used clover and clover configurator cause my audio is not working... I tried to inject and save... Everything done... But nothing
Plus I can have the clover bootloader only if the USB pen is on it...

Did you complete the steps in post#3

Now, to make everything work right, shutdown Ubuntu, insert the OS X USB installer again and boot to OS X desktop. Mount the EFI partition and rename the Windows boot manager file:
Thanks a lot for helping me ! :) Yes i do but that is not enough if i just do that i cant see clover refi in the boot, I tried to add manually into that folder BOOTX64.efi CLOVERX64.efi in this way i don't know why i can see the name "UEFI OS" into my boot option...So now I'm trying to make the multibeast installation again the fact is that this installation so now i can lauch clover without the usb
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 9.50.09 AM.png
After this i download clover configurator2 and i will launch it from the desktop but it will not modify nothing.. it will not fix the audio ( i still have no output hardware in my panel). The weird fact is that for example if i add themes to clover trough the option i can't see them when i reboot they will not been installed in the right place probably? I don't know
Any guess about this mess :D?

Edit +1 issue when i try install audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10-3.command it give me this kind of problem
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 1.45.49 PM.png And it will run infinitely without stopping O.O , there is something wrong with the config.plist ( I just read on some forum)
plus clover configurator have 3 configuration found is it normal?
can you please help me to clean things up I have done all that i can ... i had read all i can 24/7 for 1 week :D Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 2.19.42 PM.png
Right now i have no resource anymore to try to fix ... i tried to follow all the fixes in various post but i need some straight path to follow... i think :(

Last edited:
Did you complete the steps in post#3
Sorry probably I should have quoted this before writing the post above, Please read also that one :_)

Right now the audio is fixed i just put internal audio as primary...

Now i just have to figure out if there is a way to clean the mess that i have made between Multibeast and various clover installations packages that I have downloaded and installed...
And the mess about the EFI partitions
Can you help me to figure it out? If there is any file you need to check just let me know what to print or post and I will do it quickly possible! :)
Thanks in advance for all your help
If you think that i should Open a new thread in some place into this forum please just address me in the right place I'm still pretty new here around :)

Last edited:
Back